"Cue" Functionality

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

waynehaffenden

"Cue" Functionality

Post by waynehaffenden »

I think it would be really useful to have some form of "cue" function where you can press the button and select as many scenes as you like and they won't be triggered on/off until the press of the "cue" button again. This button should have no affect on the current running scenes until the release of the button. This would be perfect for those times where you know you need to trigger various scenes on and off together say for a drop in a song and you can "cue" them all up ready and when the drop comes you can press the "cue" button again and all the cued scenes would change immediately. This button should also be assignable via midi.
TomHat

Re: "Cue" Functionality

Post by TomHat »

Hey Wayne,

We don't have any feature allowing this directly. Though, I think there is a way to do kind of what you want :

Just create a dummy scene (we'll name it "Cue-scene") with only one step (as short in time as possible). Make your Cue-scene loop only once (uncheck the "Always loop" checkbox) and jump to all the scenes you want to trigger (using the "Jump to" button). There you'll have a triggering scene.

If you want this cue to turn off all other scenes when it starts, just change the release option to "General". Of course it works exactly like any other scene, so you could control it with Midi or Dmx In, start it on Audio signals, control it in EasyRemote...

Here is an example of how to use this technique :
Daslight4 - Cue example.zip
(39.98 KiB) Downloaded 665 times

I hope this helped.
I'll add this feature in our list of ideas for next versions.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
waynehaffenden

Post by waynehaffenden »

Hi TomHat,

Thank you for the reply, this actually answers another question I had regarding macros. The "cue" functionality I was after wouldn't work with your suggestion as it was more for scenes that were ONLY known during a live performance and not during programming.

The feature I'm after is "Pause" from ShowXpress, "Pause" in Daslight is the same as "Freeze" in ShowXpress. I didn't want to call it "Pause" as you already have this function, I feel "Cue" would be a more appropriate name.

This isn't something I desperately need but a nice to have, something you can hopefully consider implementing in a future version.

Thanks,
Wayne
LJMarc

Post by LJMarc »

I think thats a VERY cool and VERY useful feature, I hope it will be added!!!