Problems with Pan/Tilt - Swap Pan/Tilt

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Froggie

Problems with Pan/Tilt - Swap Pan/Tilt

Post by Froggie »

I have a couple of scanners. When I select one of them Pan and Tilt seems to be swapped. I move to Setup and enable Swap Pan/Tilt for this scanner and then back in the editor (I use the Pan/Tilt Grid) everything is fine. But when I select another Scanner and then switch back to the first one Pan/Tilt is swapped again! Now I have to disable Swap Pan/Tilt for this scanner in order to move the beam according to the grid.
So each time I select a scanner I have to toggle the "Swap Pan/Tilt" option!

Using the faders the problem vanishes. (But it is very difficult to position the beam when the two faders are linked)

Is this an issue or am I missing something?

(I am using the 3D-Visualizer. Not tried live yet)
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Froggie,

It looks to me like you have you fonts set too large in Windows. If you try reducing the size of your fonts things should correct themselves in Daslight. Alternatively if you prefer the fonts larger you could reduce the resolution of your screen which should help.
Benno
--
Product Support
Froggie

Post by Froggie »

Hi Benno,

I guess you got me wrong somehow. I dont't see how screen resolution or system font size should interact with pan/tilt movement of lightning gear?!? (btw. my system font size is lowest).

I try to explain again (sorry if I miss to express myself unmistakably, for english ist not my native language):

I select one scanner. When I move the point on the pan/tilt-tab along the x-axes, the light beam (in 3D-visualizer) moves in the tilt-axes. (y-axes movements result in pan movement according)

So I check the checkbox "swap X and Y" in setup.

Now x-axes movements result in pan movements of the light beam. Hurray!

But, when I now select any other gear und then go back to the first one, x-axes movement now again results in tilt-movement of the beam. Although "Swap X and Y" is still checked. Now I have to uncheck the option in order to have x-axes movement resulting in pan movement of the light beam in 3D visualizer!

The same happens when I set the "Swap X and Y" option to control the light beam according to X and Y movements in the grid an then close the application. On opening the show-file again the "Swap X and Y" option is still checked, but now X movement results in tilt-movement of the light beam.

It looks to me, that the option only works on direct toggling for the selected gear, but not when selecting a new one.
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi again,

Apologies I totally posted the above reply in the wrong post by mistake!

Sounds like there could be a problem with the fixture profile.

Send me over your SSL file and I will take a look for you.
Benno
--
Product Support