question:need explanation on max number of scenes & ste

128 out. Stand Alone memory (60 out). Limited software features

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

hippydog

question:need explanation on max number of scenes & ste

Post by hippydog »

The number of scenes, steps and effects are restric­ted to 30

I have no problem with the limit of 30 effects.

The 30 limit on the scenes and steps..

I'm I correct in understanding this means I can make a max of 30 Scenes and in Scene I can put a max of 30 steps?
(giving me a total of 900 steps maximum?)

Why is the limit so low on scenes?
Andre

Post by Andre »

Well I suppose the reason is because it's relativily cheap compared to the "FULL" product and if you are only going to do small shows/scenes with a few channels/fixtures then this is all you would need.

If you need more channels/fixtures and the ability to create larger shows with more scenes then the only option would be to upgrade or buy the higher end interfaces.

In a lot of ways its the same as buying a lighting console the more you pay the more channels you get and the more you can do with it.

Personally I would never buy a restricted/cut down version of anything, it never pays in the long run.

The software is free so you can play around with it as much as you like to get the hang of it etc and then you can decide if it's for you and buy the interface of your choice, bearing in mind the things stated above.
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

Thank you Andre, you right.
the 128 channels are restricted by the hardware.
The DVC2 128-M as also a Stand alone mode, the memory size is small so you cannot load so many scenes.
The restrictions are fine for the products cost and functions.
It offer also a 3D view.

So it is 30 steps per scene, so 900 steps available + 30 effects and no MIDI control.
agus

another question...

Post by agus »

here's another question. when it says 4 scens in live mode, does it mean I can only put 4 scence to work at the same time?
or does it mean I can only put 4 scense in total?
if its the second one it makes no sence to be able to create 30 scence.
right?

I'm a bit new with all this, please help me to understand a bit more the sistem.

thanks

Agustin A. Schamy
Andre

Re: another question...

Post by Andre »

agus wrote:here's another question. when it says 4 scens in live mode, does it mean I can only put 4 scence to work at the same time?
or does it mean I can only put 4 scense in total?
if its the second one it makes no sence to be able to create 30 scence.
right?

I'm a bit new with all this, please help me to understand a bit more the sistem.

thanks

Agustin A. Schamy

It means 4 active scenes at once from the 30.
It says this on the Interfaces page http://www.daslight.com/interfaces.php
Andre