MIDI fader control

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

pixelite

MIDI fader control

Post by pixelite »

I'm using a MIDI control panel with DVC3. As far as I can see, you can only assign faders to MIDI channels if you have some, or all of the fixtures selected. This means when you are focusing a group of moving lights, you can't change the parameters of each light seperately as the MIDI fader continues to select all fixtures.
Is it possible to set up the MIDI control so that it controls the parameter of the light or lights that are selected, rather than all of them?
Thanks everyone!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Have you tried assigning on the general tab?
pixelite

Post by pixelite »

I don't think that will help. I want to be able to select the first light and use 2 midi wheels for pan and tilt, then deselect that light, select the second light and use the same wheels to focus it as well- like the encoder wheels on a moving light desk, when you are using the "next" button.
I'm using a midi controller with 8 faders and 8 rotary knobs.if I could set it up so that each midi fader controlled a different function; colour gobo etc and then select the lights to control, that would be amazing.
Thanks.
Sanman

Post by Sanman »

Thats what I have really really been hoping too. It would help so much. Can i assign many midi keys to a fixture? Havent tried it but that would also help alot cause could make at least groups...
Marcodrum

Post by Marcodrum »

in previous versions this was not the case, we can do something about Simon?

Thank you.