Any way to re-create the effect of a mirrorball?

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

hippydog

Any way to re-create the effect of a mirrorball?

Post by hippydog »

My "centerpeice" effect is a mirrorball with two colorchangers pointing at it.
I was thinking of trying to 'create' a fixture to represent the look and effect in the visualizer..
I was wondering if anyone had tried something like this yet?
Andre

Post by Andre »

Well there is a sphere object, but I doubt if it has refelctive properties and I doubt if one could be created. At least if using the sphere you will have something to point the colour changers at and get some idea.

For the cost of the Daslight system you do get a lot for your money, the Virtual3DSimulator might not be as slick as WYSIWYG or Capture but then what do you expect when they cost £1000s for just the visualiser. Some controllers do not have a visualiser and you would have to fork out for an expensive one as long as it is supported by the controller.

Remember the Virtual3DSimulator is just that a rough simulation of what the fixtures can produce it is not meant to be photo realistic.
Andre
szieve

gobo projectors

Post by szieve »

well, you oculd use several gobo projectors stacked on top of one another and then bind to the same handle as the color changers.. wouldn't rotate, but the idea would come across.