Minor issue when opening latest version DVC3

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

AoS Lighting

Minor issue when opening latest version DVC3

Post by AoS Lighting »

Every time I open the latest version of DVC3 a blank/new show loads and I have to go in and re open the show I was last working on. It seems to be saving fine, so I guess this isn't really a problem. But it's a minor inconvenience, and I wanted to see if it is supposed to be like that, or if I'm the only one experiencing this?

Thanks
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

where have you last saved your show?

it might be not in the right directory.

or if the last save was to a usb pen drive, that is where the next opening of the software will look, so if the usb is removed there will be no show, this will now load up a new blank.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

I have the same problem... My show is inside a subdirectory... This may be the problem...
Just 14 years old
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

I have not moved the saved shows locations since updating to the latest DVC3. Is there a way to find out where the software is trying to load from? Then I can move the shows? It seems the software would save and load to/from the same location, so that's where I'm getting a bit confused.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

ahh there is the problem, the show is still in DVC 2 directory, which you have imported/opened from within DVC3 but not saved it back to the new DVC 3 directory.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Thanks for the input. But I don't think that is the problem, because I when I updated to the first official DVC3 release, I reprogrammed all my shows from scratch. So all my shows were created and saved with the first official DVC3 release, not DVC2.

And the other thing that confuses me is, you would think that the software would save and load to/from the same location, correct? So no matter where the file is when I load it, after I have it open and make changes then save it, it seems the file would be saved in the same location that the software loads from (unless you save it to another location manually), thus it should be able to locate the show when I reopen the software.

Any other thoughts on this? Again, it's a rather minor problem I suppose, but I am curious as to why it's happening.

Thanks!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

There is now an option to open the last show or not in the menu, because some customers with larger shows didn't want them to open automatically. In the previous version, the default value after software install was FALSE, we'll change this to TRUE in the next version