Bugs and requests.

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Bugs and requests.

Post by Richard CSL »

OK in set up page .

channel sliders have to be set to auto (green) or you do not have any control.
in group window (with heads selected) even with channel sliders set to auto, there is no control

when presets are slected (ie colours or gobos) chanels turn to auto, but still no actual dmx output.

In Editor page.
request for default fade time set to 1 sec. and select all should be default.

I used Acme queenspot 6ch, master fade and scene fade in love did not work, util a lot of tweaking with the fixture set the ch1 to dimmer master.

so presumably many of the heads need editing for master dimmer chanels?
plus after editing head in scan lib. repatching to the patch this corrupts any stored scene channel data info badly.

Live mode.
pinning and unpinning causes double rows of general tab plus head tabs!!

reset live actions does not restore chanels to previous state ie turned off , but seems to leave ch slider in LTP mode. reset live actions only seems to work when ch sliders are put into auto (green) mode.

right clicking scene buttons , then colour option comes up with colour 1-10. not always the colour boxes.

right click scene, properties, not possible to select with next or previous, this still does not work if you use the top ribbon next prev. but if you use the group icon next prev, this corrupts the program and crashes the program. even if you remove the tick box in thescene next prev.

Shortcut for next live can only be used with control button plus another button, this is not much use as a "GO" button. please give us a single button option. ie spacebar for this.??

all for now. Will keep testing, oh and a suggestion, can you make the colour bar a bit bigger so it stands out a bit more. and the step select all button is not clear and in the wrong place.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

channel sliders have to be set to auto (green) or you do not have any control.

We will make some tests with DMX control in the setup window and fix it

request for default fade time set to 1 sec. and select all should be default.

We can do this

so presumably many of the heads need editing for master dimmer chanels?
plus after editing head in scan lib. repatching to the patch this corrupts any stored scene channel data info badly.

There is not a lot we can do about this. There are lot of profiles missing proportional and default preset settings and there are now around 9000 profiles. We can take a look at how editing a profile changes the programming but as you can imagine this is very complex.

pinning and unpinning causes double rows of general tab plus head tabs!!

I can't reproduce this one. Is it only on certain shows? Which OS are you using?

reset live actions does not restore chanels to previous state ie turned off , but seems to leave ch slider in LTP mode. reset live actions only seems to work when ch sliders are put into auto (green) mode.

We'll take a look at it

right clicking scene buttons , then colour option comes up with colour 1-10. not always the colour boxes.

I had this problem a while back but I can't seem to reproduce it. See if you can find a pattern to reproduce the problem.

right click scene, properties, not possible to select with next or previous, this still does not work if you use the top ribbon next prev. but if you use the group icon next prev, this corrupts the program and crashes the program. even if you remove the tick box in thescene next prev.

Thanks, we'll fix that

Shortcut for next live can only be used with control button plus another button, this is not much use as a "GO" button. please give us a single button option. ie spacebar for this.??

I never noticed this, we will definitely get that changed

can you make the colour bar a bit bigger so it stands out a bit more

I'll see what I can do

the step select all button is not clear and in the wrong place

I'm aware of this one, it will be fixed in the next version

Thanks for the bug reports!
lxrixta

Post by lxrixta »

right clicking scene buttons , then colour option comes up with colour 1-10. not always the colour boxes

I can confirm this, only looked quickly but it just says colour 1, colour 2 etc etc

also second vote for making the colour bar bigger, how about making the whole button coloured instead of a bar?

Running Vista32 no interface connected