Speed control?..

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

SFX Events

Speed control?..

Post by SFX Events »

First off great to finally have DVC3 to play with.

Very interested by the speed control function, I am wondering (I havn't plugged into any lights yet to physically test but...) If i was controlling my scenes using a MIDI such as the behringer bcf, can the fader LEVEL control the speed of that scene or effect? This is a big one for me. so at 10% fader it will play the scene slowly, then as you push the fader to the top it will increase the scene speed?

ALSO - It seems that when reducing and increasing the speed whilst playing back a scene it is skipping the levels around terribly!... it looks very sketchy on the playback window so hoping this can be sorted to smoothly adjust scene speeds whilst playing them??! Very important for movers!

If these two questions can be asnwered I really look forward to trying this out on some stages!

Best regards, Will
Joe Hale
Director
SFX Events Ltd
jslpro

Post by jslpro »

Hello

in the live view, you can right click on your scene to enable speed fader, then if you click again right on the scene you can link the speedfader with a midi port.
SFX Events

Post by SFX Events »

Ok I will have a try, but how about the values jumping around?!! this makes speed control pretty much useless!
Joe Hale
Director
SFX Events Ltd