Scene triggering issue

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

RCoaster

Scene triggering issue

Post by RCoaster »

I am having an issue with a DVC-128 running in standalone mode.

I have 6 dry-contact triggers wired to the DVC via the HE10 connector. Each trigger runs a specific scene that is set to loop several times then stop.

The issue I'm having is that when I activate 1 trigger, the scene will loop, then stop as normal. When I activate that same trigger again, the scene will not run. I have to activate a different trigger to run a different scene before I can use the trigger I activated orginally again.

Did I miss anything when I wrote the scenes to the standalone memory? I think there was something about an auto release, but I'm not sure if I checked that on before writing the scene to the stand alone memory.

Any solution to allow me to trigger the same scene without triggering a different one?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

perhaps the scene is stopping on the last step and not dissengaging the scene. if you right click on the scene button a properties box will open, click on the auto release function. this might do it.

alternatively in the editor screen try activating the group release funvction on the editor lin. (you may need to right click on the ribbon above the editor lscene lines to add the release column tick box.)
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
RCoaster

Post by RCoaster »

Thanks will give that a try this weekend.
RCoaster

Post by RCoaster »

Turns out the auto release was already on. It only works if a scene is running, and another trigger can interrupt that scene and start a different one. It doesn't work if a scene has completed running, and you want to trigger that scene again.

I had come up with a different solution- create a scene that "resets" everything back to zero. it only lasts .04 seconds- the minimum a scene can run. With this "reset" scene, I set all the other scenes to jump to the reset scene after they're done running. I now can repeat a certain scene again after its run because it jumps to a different one once it's done.