MIDI Fader Issue

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

SFX Events

MIDI Fader Issue

Post by SFX Events »

When i plug in my midi keyboard and use the keys as flash or trigger items it works great.

I also have knobs on the board that should allow fading??

I have managed to get my atomic 3000 strobe to have its speed / intensity adjusted by this HOWEVER.....

I can only adjust it by pressing the key linked to the strobe and then increasing the value of the knob from zero upwards.

What is driving me mad is if i left the knob at say 50% speed and 100% instensity when i press the key to use the strobe NOTHING HAPPENS, it ony works if you then turn the knob a little to adjust the output.......

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe Hale
Director
SFX Events Ltd
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I've tested this and it seems to work fine. Try the latest version
SFX Events

ok

Post by SFX Events »

what midi console are you using as i simply cant get mine to remember the knob pssition at all.

Many thanks,
Joe Hale
Director
SFX Events Ltd
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I have tested with a Behringer BCF2000 and have also tested manually sending MIDI CC messages to Daslight.
SFX Events

thanks

Post by SFX Events »

Must be my MIDI Keyboard then, it is a E-MU X-Borad 61. I am looking at getting two smaller desks, one for par control and one for head movements and colour. I can plug in more then two midi devices and they will not conflict?
Joe Hale
Director
SFX Events Ltd
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

That should be fine, just make sure they are operating on different channels