FX Generator question

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

smokeAndMirrors

FX Generator question

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

When I select (say) a circle, the lights always rotate counter-clockwise. How do I get them to go clockwise?
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi smokeAndMirrors,

There is a direction arrow between the "Play" and "Select" buttons on the Pan/Tilt tab of the FX generator.
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Andre wrote:Hi smokeAndMirrors,

There is a direction arrow between the "Play" and "Select" buttons on the Pan/Tilt tab of the FX generator.

Haha, yes I found that the other day :D

Now, if only they added some options for symmetry...
Andre

Post by Andre »

What do you mean by symmetry ?
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Andre wrote:What do you mean by symmetry ?

I mean that if you have 8 fixtures you can say move the left 4 anticlockwise and the right 4 can either follow or mirror them. At the moment the only way to do this is select the left 4, generate a CW sequence and save the FX. Then select the right 4, load the FX, slip the direction and generate. Playback can only be done through a keyboard shortcut as a scene can only jump to a single other scene (GRRRRR....)
Andre

Post by Andre »

Gotcha.

What I would do in that case would be to edit the 1st four scene and manually position the 2nd four for each step. using the 2nd generated scene as a reference to the dmx values.

One of the "Requests" was a need to copy and merge scenes, but as Daslight are being very quiet at the moment I would not hold my breath in anything new rearing it's head at anytime soon.

I prefered the old fx generator in DVC1. I still use that to generate some of my scenes and then manually enter the dmx values in DVC2. I know I could use the "import" feature but I have had problems with that corrupting shows and also if teh fixtures are not in the same dmx addresses then that seems to bugger things up.
Andre