Phasing in a Generated Scene (LiveMode)

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJ-DD

Phasing in a Generated Scene (LiveMode)

Post by DJ-DD »

Is there a chance to do any Chasing in Live Modus while a Generated Scene is working? (like in the FX Scene Generator)
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

The FX generator doesn't affect the color & gobo channels (except if you tell it to do so on the Advanced page), only the directional ones. So you can run two scenes together, one the generated one, the other the chase. As for exact syncing... well that's trickier. IIRC you can change the number of steps the FX generator creates. Set that high, generate the scene and then edit the colour in the usual way on the relevant steps. You need to select ranges because steps can cancel each other (the '0=no change' paradigm doesn't count in steps).
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
DJ-DD

Post by DJ-DD »

Sorry i did not really understand what you mean.
I want to create a Pan Tilt effect with my Washlights for example a circle.
No color changing etc. This is very easy. I cklick automatic circle. 4 points and ok. Now every Moving Head do the same action. When I move the phasing fader the moving heads do the same action too but with another start points. This is what I try in live action. I want to create an automatic circle without phasing and then i want to adjust the phasing while the generated scene is working. Something like the speed fader in Live Modus.
I hope you can understand what i mean.
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Can't be done.
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
DJ-DD

Post by DJ-DD »

doesn't it make sense?
so i have to create a lot of automatic generated scenes otherwise i can create one scene and have a lot of effects.