Tinkered with the first beta a bit

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Aften1961

Tinkered with the first beta a bit

Post by Aften1961 »

New to the forum, long time user (mydmx). Tinkered with the first beta a bit, and have just installed the 2nd. I wished I could have gotten in on the alpha, but just had way too much going this past few months. Anywho, here's a few issues and observations...

-- Still crashes even on any import, even a simple rgb par. It actually does the import, as the file is in the newly created _Imported folder. Note that I can precopy files into the directory and they work just fine.

-- My computer, I7, 32g, 2tb SSD.
Beta1 - 61M valid dvc file
- Mydmx (Oct22) load 1:11
- Beta 1 load 2:08
- Save As time was 3-4 hours! not sure exactly, went to bed.
- New file size was 980M !!!!

Beta2 - 123M valid dvc file (but less other stuff going on the computer at the time)
- Mydmx (Oct22) load 0:55
- Beta 1 load 1:21
- Save as time - ?? it's been about 60 mins so far...
- New File size TBD

-- Some type of progress indicator during load and save would be nice. The spinning wheel thing is pretty, but you don't really know if it's working or you need to alt-F4... At least before you could see stuff happening in the background, and the progress bar moved.

-- Neither beta loaded any of the stored keypress mappings from the test file (which is actually the second set from or last show).

-- Try to assign the space bar to anything in KB mapping, behavior is interesting. I get that it has a function now, but maybe that should be listed in the keymap assignments and be changeable to something else.

-- Please bring back right click access to keyboard/etc mapping on scenes, faders, etc.

-- The new list view and options in the lib/patch area are suberb.

-- I look forward to understanding the matrix and strip options in the patch area.

-- I also look forward to learning the functionality of the new release options in the advanded scene properties

-- I'm assuming Touch has a ways to go. First thing that comes to mind is text wrapping and/or scaling on buttons.

-- in the fixture selection area (bottom left)
-- in a large layout, it becomes very hard to see objects, unless they are active with a bright color. In my case, my
fixture area has always been laid out like the stage, so I can select by area/etc, so the layout is pretty large.
-- how do you move around once zoomed?
-- should it zoom to the selection?
-- can't seem to move any fixtures around currently

-- the new additions to the fixture selection area (storable selections, etc) are nice, and I look forward to playing with them.

That's about as far as I've gotten. The other new stuff looks amazing, and I look forward to diving into it.

For me at least, at this point, the file save time / file size thing is major.

If any devs would like to take this dvc file and recreate this locally, let me know.