Move FX with Symmetry and Phase

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Raptor82
Operating System: Windows

Move FX with Symmetry and Phase

Post by Raptor82 »

Hi

I tried to make Move FX with symmetry but I can't make a symmetrical circle effect with a phase shift in a simple way.

https://youtu.be/PktkYPS1KHc

In my example with 8 fixtures, the symmetry works well but as soon as we add phase shift, it applies to the 8 fixtures in a row and not 4 in one direction and 4 in the other. For a phase shift of 25% - 50% - 75%, we obtain symmetrical patterns but for any other value, I find it difficult to see how to exploit them.

sym 10 phase.jpg
sym 10 phase.jpg (207.79 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
sym 25 phase.jpg
sym 25 phase.jpg (209.19 KiB) Viewed 1482 times

To create my symmetrical circle effect with phase shift, I created 4 movement scenes where I grouped my fixtures 1-8, then 2-7, 3-6 and 4-5 which I then imported into a great scene with a time difference between each of the 4 scenes.

cercle FX with phase.jpg
cercle FX with phase.jpg (169.55 KiB) Viewed 1482 times

The problem with this solution is that I cannot import my super scene into another super scene if I want to do timecode, I am forced to import my 4 scenes each time.

Is there a simpler solution to achieve this effect with a single scene?
Could an update in the future improve this functionality?

Gordon
DJMan32

Re: Move FX with Symmetry and Phase

Post by DJMan32 »

There is a way to do this but I agree there should be more intuitive symmetry commands.
PMServices
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by PMServices »

Have you ever tried programming the Left 4 moving heads into a Move FX, duplicating it and then applying it to the Right 4? I didn't understand the super scene.

I think the problem is that Daslight marks the moving heads like pixels and doesn't distinguish which 4 act together.

By the way, I noticed that you are making the same mistake as me. You can maximize the circular movement to 100% yourself. You set the range of motion in the setup page. This allows you to quickly adjust a motion effect anywhere on the move.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

Agree with your movers as pixiles portion and yes duplicating the movement FX could probably do it but would be nice to just have a button since hopefully they will be adding adaptive groups/parameters for different set up venues

and could you explain a little more about your maximized circular movement? this could be genius.