DMX Inputs and DMX Mapping

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

reChords25
Operating System: Windows

DMX Inputs and DMX Mapping

Post by reChords25 »

Hi!

I would not say that I am a beginner in lightning stuff, but somehow I've still got my problems :roll:

So, I have DVC4 GOLD laying around here and I am currently trying to get to work DMX mapping with it.
Software for that is DasLight 4 or 5, doesn't matter in the end, I guess.

The Plan:
Connect another DMX controller (cheap China piece, 16x8 channel controller from lixada, only 8 faders etc., you know what I mean) to the DVC as an Input, to get control over some of the parameters in the software. Let's just say I want my fader for channel 1 on the lixada-Controller to control my first DMX channel in the Software, e.g. just the dimmer of a standard single-channel lamp.

What do I have to do, hardware- and software-sided? I tried connecting the harware controller to the DVC and setting the connected DMX port as Input, but I do not get any signal - neither in the software itself, nor in the hardware manager's Input monitoring. But the device sends signal, that's what I am sure of.

Please help me guys :P
reChords25
TomHat

Re: DMX Inputs and DMX Mapping

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

What's the model of the DVC4 GOLD you're using ? Is it the box with 10 buttons ? Or the older version, with a transparent plastic case ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Steve_G
Operating System: Windows

Post by Steve_G »

Did anything further become of this question. I alos have the DVC GOLD (new version with 10x stand alone buttons) and everything works fine EXCEPT the DMX INPUT. I have activated the DMX INPUT on port 2 but when I try to use DMX to trigger a scene the DVC GOLD only returns fast randonly changing DMX values. I therefore unplugged the incoming DMX cable and found that the DVC GOLD still only send fast randowm changing DMX values to Daslight 4. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG PLEASE ?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

For this kind of matter, you need to contact our support team via our ticket system.
There, you can expect a swift answer.

Here : https://store.daslight.com/en/support

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500