Movinghead 3D PAN angle

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

k__x

Movinghead 3D PAN angle

Post by k__x »

hi
i m trying to get the PAN angle of the 3D movinghead like the real one, for example, in my real movinghead, it is pointing to front , and in the 3D, he have the light point 10º +- to the left...

i tryed to change the PAN angle in the Scanlibrary edit but it dont change...

can you help me?
Andre

Post by Andre »

The only thing you can do is rotate around the Y until it matches the direction your "real" fixture points. The only thing is that the fixture in the visualiser might not be rotated to how your "real" fixture is.

You want a perfect match then fork out thousands of pounds for Cast's WYSIWYG or Capture's Polar visualisers (other products also available).
Andre
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I agree that fi you want a representation to the enares degree that you should be looking at an expensive package. However if you change the scan library pan/tilt degrees they should change in the 3D representation.

Is it that the new pan angle values are slightly inaccurate or is it that you see absolutely no change?
k__x

Post by k__x »

simonB wrote:I agree that fi you want a representation to the enares degree that you should be looking at an expensive package. However if you change the scan library pan/tilt degrees they should change in the 3D representation.

Is it that the new pan angle values are slightly inaccurate or is it that you see absolutely no change?

very strange...i had changed the PAN angle and saved diferent fictures like 480º, other 500º, 520º, 540º, 570º... and replace the 3D and test it...
and i dont see any diferences in the rotation of the ficture...
it make the same rotation movements at all the diferent PAN angle fictures i had saved...

thanks
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

you have to right click on the fixture in the 3D construct screen and a drop down box will appear with update ssl library. Then the new fixture details will be imported to the visualiser.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
k__x

Post by k__x »

Richard CSL wrote:you have to right click on the fixture in the 3D construct screen and a drop down box will appear with update ssl library. Then the new fixture details will be imported to the visualiser.

ok i get it...thanks for everything
joetraff

Post by joetraff »

Richard CSL wrote:you have to right click on the fixture in the 3D construct screen and a drop down box will appear with update ssl library. Then the new fixture details will be imported to the visualiser.

I appreciate your help.
Keep up the good work. :)