DASLIGHT DVC 2 GOLD ZM

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

danwest

DASLIGHT DVC 2 GOLD ZM

Post by danwest »

Hi there,

I brought one of your products... DASLIGHT DVC 2 GOLD ZM. All is well and it's working good apart from 2 problems.

The PC/software or unit seams to rejected unit/PC every so often making the lights go into stand alone mode (which makes them do their own thing) But the screen on the unit still says PC.
I'll unplug the unit and it does not recognise that it's been unplugged and still shows PC. I have updated the firmware on the unit, downloaded the latest drivers software and are still having the same problem. It's ran on a powerful computer and I have never had any other problems before with the USB port before and still don't on other usb items.

The other problem is when you are editing scenes, after about 15/20 seconds the software moves all the lights to the home position. When you go to move a slider the lights go back to how they were. any reasons why this is?

many thanks

Dan
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Dan

What's your operating system?

Please try the box on atleast one other PC and also try changing the socket your are using and the USB cable. Certain USB cables can cause the box to drop out when interferrance occurs, such as a smoke machine trigger.

Let me know how you get on.

Regarding the software issue, open up the 3D visualiser and select the "DMX level" icon. Have a look to see if the values reset here.
-If the values don't reset, it seems as though it may be a problem with your interface or fixtures.
-If the values do reset, e-mail me your show and I'll take a look
danwest

Post by danwest »

hi there,

The problem with the unit dropping out was a usb port. But I have since come across another problem.

I have the unit config'd for 2 universes due to some of our lights not liking our splitter but more to the point. I can be controlling the lights fine and can leave it on a scene for about an hour and then the lights on the 2nd universe just change what they should be doing. I unplug the DMX leads plug them back in, reset the lights unplug the daslight box from the USB and plug everything back in and the 2nd universe is still doing its own thing.

After re-uploading the firmware again It says I have a SIUDI-7A Firmware 1.15. Looking at the DMX universe information picture it says I have a SIUDI-8A. The unit I have has 2 3pin XLR ports.

does anyone have any answers? I have a gig this weekend and was hoping to use it for that.

Many thanks

Windows XP Pro SP3
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The DVC2 Gold ZM should have 1 3pin output and 1 5 pin output (pins 4 and 5 allow for a 3rd universe). This is the SIUDI 7A interface. (if you have purchased within the past year) Does your interface have an SD card?

If you can confirm which interface you are using, we will test the second universe and see if we get the same issue.
danwest

Post by danwest »

On the box the unit came in it says Daslight - DVC2 GZM which is what we ordered. When i go to tools.exe it says SIUDI-7A (1024) (on the unit it has 2 x 3pin XLR + SD card slot. There still might be a problem with the unit I have anyway.

I'm wondering if I have been sent the wrong item even tho on the box it says DVC2-GZM. It was brought about 3 weeks ago from thomann so they might have old stock? I don't think we will be able to get another one sent out in time for 2moz if the one we have it wrong:S
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

You have the correct interface. It is a 2 DMX universe version of the DVC2 gold zm. We only sell the 3 universe version direct which is why I got a bit confused as to whether it was a DVC2 Gold ZM or a DVC2 GOLD.

Anyway e-mail me your show and I will test with my SIUDI7 and a second universe