F1-F12. BDF2000 control. Submasters Exist really!!!!!

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

F1-F12. BDF2000 control. Submasters Exist really!!!!!

Post by Richard CSL »

Ok working in a theatre now with a full dimmer generic rig.(as well as some old golden scan 3's) So I have hooked up my BCF to Daslight and made an interesting discovery.

I have a group of dimmers assigned to Front Of House. and within that group I have created F1-F12. (incidently a small bug there on F1 as I keep loosing its settings, only if all the F buttons are assigned) , So what I tried was assign slider 1 to F1 and then to F2 etc.

now when I use the slider and F1 is selected fantastic only F1 fixtures are controlled, deselect F1 select F2 and it works all over again , so only selected F buttons activate assigned fixtures.

This is almost like having a submaster dimmer.

I will try to assign different sliders to different Function buttons in different groups today to see if a full submaster system can be controlled this way.

another amazing bonus is that when the software wants to activate the dimmers from within it overrides the slider levels.

Relieved of Tenerife. this may actually work out OK. phew!!
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Andre

Re: F1-F12. BDF2000 control. Submasters Exist really!!!!!

Post by Andre »

Richard CSL wrote:another amazing bonus is that when the software wants to activate the dimmers from within it overrides the slider levels.

It does ? Never works for me, only ever uses what is set from the MIDI controller. I will have to have a play, maybe it is to do with the "grouping" control you mentioned.
Andre