Deleting unused library items

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Deleting unused library items

Post by Richard CSL »

So I have tried twice to delete all the brands of lights I am never likely to use, I keep generic and varied folders , but each time I delete the files I loose the gobos and colours from DVC2 which folders am I deleting that contain all the colour and gobo information.

And does the visualiser use the same library ? as there seems to be differing items in the visualiser library.

And where does the visualiser look for it's fixtures , as I sometimes have to search within the library for them.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Andre

Re: Deleting unused library items

Post by Andre »

Richard CSL wrote:So I have tried twice to delete all the brands of lights I am never likely to use, I keep generic and varied folders , but each time I delete the files I loose the gobos and colours from DVC2 which folders am I deleting that contain all the colour and gobo information.

And does the visualiser use the same library ? as there seems to be differing items in the visualiser library.

And where does the visualiser look for it's fixtures , as I sometimes have to search within the library for them.

Richard you need to leave the Scanlibrary\Icon folder.

Yes they do use the same library. They should be looking in the Scanlibrary folder.
I have had problems when moving shows from one machine to another and you forget to copy across any new/modified fixtures as well. That is when I get the problem of the visualiser not finding a fixture.
Andre
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Thanks Andre I see it now, I was deleting the icon folder and loosing essential info.

Thanks again.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience