Major Performance Issues in EasyView2

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

BjaSpa
Operating System: Windows

Major Performance Issues in EasyView2

Post by BjaSpa »

Hey,

I just wanted to ask you wether I am doing something wrong in the settings of my computer or EasyView or if the software EasyView2 is not capable of these small to mid size show files I am working with :cry: . Maybe other users are having same problems.

I'm trying to visualize and work with a small (maybe even mid size show file) (12 MH Spot, 12 MH Wash, 8 Blinders and some PARs) in the newest Daslight 4 Beta Version.

The main thing I'm wondering about is the performance of the 3d Visualizer. I tried to make the software run fast on different systems. On my MacBookPro from Late 2017 (what I'm assuming most users are working with in terms of system specs) it's really not a pleasure working with the visualization. The fps is about 8 to 18 depending on how many lights are having light output simultaneously. Even with anti aliasing and shadows deactivated on medium rendering quality on 1080p.
I thought maybe my laptop is a bit outdated so I tried on another system.

I tried to run EasyView2 on a gaming PC setup with a geforce rtx 2070 super. I mean this setup is capable of pretty much every game in pretty high settings, but EasyView2 is still kinda slow. With all lights on and on best settings in EasyView2 there is no way to get a fluent visualization like 30fps but its more about 20 fps and juddering. :shock: Am I doing something wrong, or is this mid size show file with the amount of fixtures in it the absolutely maximum EasyView2 can handle? I mean what kind of setup/graphics card do you suggest for the use with EasyView2 to get a higher performance?

Maybe someone can help me out with this one...
TomHat

Re: Major Performance Issues in EasyView2

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

I just sent you a PM about this.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
yltkdy

Post by yltkdy »

Hello,

Here also major problems with the 3d visualizer, and multiple crashes of Daslight causing me once to loose a big chunk of programming.

I've tried the solutions given in other topics earlier without succes also because i allready created a show with 8 Showtec Pixelbar12 MK2, 4 Showtec Energetic Led derby's, 1 Showtec Colorburst, 8 Showtec Shark Spot one moving heads, 4 showtec Fresnel DMX Theaterspots and 2 Ayra 1500D strobo's. Trying to update the 3d visualizer is impossible because as soon as i hit "No" 3d visualizer crashes inmediately which was not the case before so the problem seems to steadily worsen.

As I'm programming this show for a future venue and heaps of time are now available due to Corona, it's important that I can Pre-programm the software so that we can go at it directly when the hardware is installed.

With regards
yltkdy

Post by yltkdy »

I have found the culprite. It was the Ayra 1500D stroboscoop, the own brand of Bax music.

However I find there is also a problem with the Showtec Energetic. The light stays on in the color red. You can change the settings but just can't turn of the light.
yltkdy

Post by yltkdy »

Well, as nobody's seem to bother to reply, maybe i'm better of with sunlite.

Thanks for nothing.