definitely, and even more!
92%

Total votes: 24

SEG Operation
Operating System: Windows

Daslight 5 / Features - Suggestions - Requests

Post by SEG Operation »

Hello Guys / Daslight Team
I have some Features / Suggestions / Requests for the New Version of Daslight. (Daslight 5)
I hope you can add them to your List and realize them somehow.

1) Multi(touch)screen Support
I would like to have the opportunity to use multible Screen's and save the Layout I made in the Showfile.
Multible Showscreen's or different Screens.

2) Effect Generator
I would like to be able to make semetric Pan/Tilt Movement Effects in the Effect Generator.
A button or another marker to select another Group of Fixtures which runs the Effect backwards.
You often see Effects were the Movement Effect runs symmetrical. I know Daslight 4 has the capability to invert Pan / Tilt on Fixtures but this setting is "permanent" and then you lose the ability to easily make effects that are not symmetrical.

3) Pan / Tilt offset
Sometimes you have a rig that is not perfectly build and you have to add a slight offset to the movement so it looks more even and calibrated. This would be a nice setting in the Setup-Window.

4) Pan / Tilt Home
Yes, you can just make a Scene that is allways on an stores a "modified" Home Postion so the moving Fixtures do not turn all the way back if no moving scene is selected. But a another Window in the Setup screen would be better.

5) E1.31 / sACN Support
A few improvements compared to artnet and many devices support it.

6) Sub-Masters !!!
Many Fixtures with individual controllable LED's / Cells only have a Master-Dimmer and the RGB(W) per Cell to save some Parameters. Please add a function (Midi-assignable) to Dimm / Limit selectable DMX Channels & Functions.
Add Fader in Showmode & below Scene.

7) Midi in Showmode
When you create custom Buttons and Faders in Showmode that controll Multible things you can only trigger them via a Click on the button/fader. Please add Midi functionality there. (Maybe even as a Patch in Daslight 4)

8) Timecode ?!
A option to select an Input for Smpte & Midi Timecode. Some sort of Cuelist.
Cues that activate scenes on a Timecode Timestamp.

9) DVC 4 GZM Full Support in Daslight 5
Please

10) Midi Controller in Programming Mode
I am using a Elation Midicon Pro. It has a "numpad" but it sends Midi Messages (not numbers) when you press the button.
Can you add some kind of "Midi to Key" Translation to for example type in a DMX Value.

11) Different Thems
self explanatory. Dark Theme / Light Theme -- Selectable Base Color

Thanks for Making such an awesome Software. Hope you can add these and more features to the next Version of Daslight.
I hope you are all fine and developing the software works as you wish.
PolDavril

Re: Daslight 5 / Features - Suggestions - Requests

Post by PolDavril »

Hi,

If I can make a general suggestion for next releases.

I have been using Daslight 4 for a while but I've had some issues (and crashes !) during public shows, so I stopped using it.

In my opinion, what a stage manager needs is mainly :
- A perfect stability, even with a MIDI controler
- A fluid and error-free playback of recorded scenes
- No regressions between updates (I mean features not working anymore after an update or any new unexpected behaviour)
- A small file size and a quick load of a show file
- A 3D visualiser that works in alla cases (and bug-free)

Daslight 4 has a nice interface, very pleasant and easy to work with. The engine is well thought.

Again, I think that a general stability is far more important than "gadget" features.

I hope that my remarks will be helpful.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello everyone,

First of all we would like to thank all of you for your precious input on this matter. We sure will be taking your suggestions into consideration for the next big versions of Daslight software.

PolDavril, we understand your disapointement regarding the way some issues have been treated. And we must thank you for all the work you've put into D4 testing and the help this has been to us. We have grown from this and will make sure this kind of issues do not happen in the next big versions of Daslight.

We wish you all well.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
PolDavril

Post by PolDavril »

Hi TomHat,

Thanks for your answer.
I stopped using Daslight 4 for some reasons explained briefly above, mainly unexpected issues during shows. It's a personal decision, although I'm sure that D4 has been improved in the meantime.
I've switched to another software and interface. Nevertheless, Daslight 4 is still installed on my PC's and I visit this forum from time to time, trying to help people when it is possible. Really, I spent a lot of good times testing D4 and reporting bugs and suggestions. I do not exclude to do it again in the future, who knows...
Kind regards,
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
highab

Post by highab »

We've been using daslight for a number of years and here are my thoughts/requests for Daslight 5

1) Get rid of the annoying nag screen at the start. I purchased the DVC fun. I have a licence to use the software.
2) Allow us to set colours of the Preset BUTTONS in the groups, the teeny tiny triangles are too small
3) Provide more colour options for the preset buttons (colour wheel/colour picker)
4) Allow us to show squares with the actual colour previews of x lights on the buttons
5) Provide a group separator option to clearly show where one group starts and another group ends
6) Provide column width resizing
7) allow us to hide the play and pause buttons (our scenes are one step only)
8) make a merge scene option that actually merges the scenes and doesn't put scene 1 and scene 2 in different steps in the "merged" scenes. We just want fixture A colour (scene A) to merge with fixture B colour (scene B) to produce a scene with fixture A and B with their respective colours, with the fade in and fade out on the scene as before.
9) IMPORTANT: allow us to set a release if we click on another preset IN THE SAME GROUP but lock release if we click on a preset IN A DIFFERENT GROUP
10) IMPORTANT: Stop Daslight from blocking if we forget to click of a scene and end up with 4 scenes selected... throwing up an alert when all we're trying to do is DISABLE one of the scenes we forgot to disable is MOST frustrating!
11) IMPORTANT: ***NEVER*** display daslight alerts on display 2, even if we can't see them because they're underneath the projected screen, we can't see them so we don't know WHY Daslight isn't responding!
12) Allow us to set a default group for snapshot scenes, recorded from the live show page.
13) Allow us to set a colour border around each group (colour and thickness or group background pane maybe?

I'm sure I could come up with more points but I think those are the main ones for now.
DaslightUser

Post by DaslightUser »

Hi all,
For me, I first was very impressed by Daslight, but later really disappointed about the stability.
Like other people already said, a stable software is the most important thing for us, and Daslight 4 in fact wasn’t able to ensure that, especially when you work with MIDI-Devices.
That’s why I think you should give ALL DVC4 Devices the ability to upgrade to DVC5. Because Daslight 4 wasn’t able to deliver what it promised, and that’s the least thing you can do to make semi-happy customers really happy with your products!
GHlightguy

Post by GHlightguy »

Two things:

1. Ability to create a scene in a timeline that also has an audio track.

2. Ability to lock the position of your lighting grid. I use Daslight in theater staging so I'm having to click on lots of individual lights to set parameters. When doing so the block(s) often shift slightly.
markuswaler
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by markuswaler »

Hello

1.) Show Mode is totally buggy. Yesterday I had to reinstall the whole software ( Dashlight4 ). My FadeIn/FadeOut Feature ( the option in the scene properties ) didn`t work anymore...all my scenes had the same issue. And this happened after I had done some things in the Show-Mode. After reinstalling the software my saved file worked again. What a mess !

2.) Show Mode: In general the show mode is nice...the idea behind it...BUT...why you don`t visualize exact the same "timer" in the show mode as there is visualized in the LIVE-Buttons ? In LIVE-Modus I see all my scenes running...and I see the "deactivation-Time...visualized with the running-strip...". Same should be in the show-mode

3.) Show Mode: BUTTONS; when activated -> should be better visualized...at the moment I nearly don`t see whether the button is activated or not...

4.) VERY IMPORTANT: Show Mode....I need to see the BPM. Why there`s no possibility to display that in Show Mode ? Why I cannot TAP there...??

5.) Show Mode: I need to switch between TAP and MIDI ( regarding BPM ) ---> There`s a bug: I get my BPM from Virtual DJ...
when I start my song in VDJ the BPM is transferred by MIDI clock...sometimes in Dashlight the BPM ( Midi no Tap ) is on the wrong Beat...the BPM ( eg. 120 ) is correct...same BPM(130) in VDJ...But in Dashlight the Beat is on the 2 not on the 1...!!
In the BPM property section ( only in the LIVE Mode !!?? ) I have to click on the tap icon and then on the midi icon again...then it`s on the correct ONE again...very,very disappointing...

6.) VERY IMPORTANT: Creating of "FadingOFF - BEATS"....I mean...Scenes are triggered by BPM....Each BPM there should be a - for example - a red light...BEAT: Red light ON 255...and immediately a FADEOFF...then next BEAT...same...
At the moment I created a scene with 2 steps...first step: LightON...second step...LightOFF...FadeOUT effect...
I trigger the scene with the option: BPM->trigger by scene ( not step )....But i cannot create a sequence ( RED Lights...Blue lights, other lights..etc...) because there`s no way to connect 2 or more scenes with a "jump"...you cannot do that with scenes triggered by BPM -> scene. It works with BPM->step...PLEASE...

7.) VERY IMPORTANT: OS2L-Support.
I am working with QLC+ too at the moment. Man, this freeware and open source software is fantastic. However it has some issues too. Anyway, please integrate the OS2L-support. The BPM-Synch is much much better with OS2L. And I can trigger some ( or all ) scene with Action-POI`s directly from VDJ.

8.) 3D-Visualization: Ahhh, this is a early-alpha at the moment, isn`t it ? ( smile )

9.) General Stability...Well, don`t want to talk about that...other`s did a lot.

In General:
I like Dashlight...however, hoping for a new version with a much better SHOW-MODE ( which should be the future...I need it...one page for ed sheeran perfect songs...next page for Eurodance...and so on...at the moment I cannot use it...no BPM etc.. see above ). Please, the mobile DJ´s don`t want to move to QLC+...we need this kind of "out of the box" solution...
markuswaler

Post by markuswaler »

Ahhh...I forgot...

10.) MIDI-Controllers....I cannot "play the light" with my Midi Keyboard...because there`s the thing with the velocity...when pressing a key ( which is mapped with a scene ) there`s always another velocity...and Dashlight doesn`t like that...means: you cannot trigger a scene ( e.g. flash scene ) with the midi keyboard...
hutje

Post by hutje »

-OSC compatibility
-Speed fader for chase for positive and negative speeds. This way the steps will reverse with speed changes. So halfway fader is speed 0 and right is + speed steps and left is - speed steps.
mrodeku1

Post by mrodeku1 »

Hello Team,

Proposal for Daslight 5.x

First, I am very happy with the offered possibilities of version 4.x
However, one addition would please me very much.

From a group I would like to call a separate scene of another group and after this, have a jump back to the starting point. Now these jumps are only possible within a group, otherwise the starting point is lost.

Thanks, and regards,
Matthias from Cologne Germany

Example: attached
Attachments
Daslight 5.png
Daslight 5.png (125.41 KiB) Viewed 21702 times
samlarsn

Post by samlarsn »

Hello Team,

Proposal for Daslight 5.x

First, I am very happy with the offered possibilities of version 4.x
However, one addition would please me very much.

From a group I would like to call a separate scene of another group and after this, have a jump back to the starting point. Now these jumps are only possible within a group, otherwise the starting point is lost.

Thanks, and regards,
Matthias from Cologne Germany
Best possible loan leads you can get at https://leadnetwork.com/ site
Example: attached

Backing you up on this man
this could be an amazing addition!
Last edited by samlarsn on Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mono un Mono
alejandro9999

Post by alejandro9999 »

Please let other ArtNet interfaces like dmxking.com interfaces, work with your software.

I believe you have a great software!, with great potential. Allowing other hardware will be great, for several users that are looking for a stable solution like yours.

Thanks in advance
Herbjul

Post by Herbjul »

My suggestions for new version

Show mode for creating sequences
Maybe like in a music programme with the tracks, where you can put together your groups and effects.
Adapt music to lighting effects

Transitions between two scenes
Fadeout and fadein transition

Improvements in the scanlibary
Current version is out of date

Easy View2
Does not know all lamps. 3D Mode easier to adjust lamps

Improvements in colour palette
Better overview and easier to use.

Performance and power improvements
Some MovingHeads do not respond to commands during the show. Programme hangs up sometimes and reacts slowly.
lph.bvba

Post by lph.bvba »

Implement as internal midi control some lay-outs as found on midicons, and others. Or even a design function.
People using a touch screen will love this.
lecompte philippe