Installation issues

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

MACDOG44
Operating System: Windows

Installation issues

Post by MACDOG44 »

Hello

I'm having issues with Daslight 4 (official) software. Having read throught the forum I couldn't find any
similar threads so thought I would post on here to see if anyone can help. I've checked the minimum requirements and my laptop meets all of them and exceeds most.

Daslight 4 won't install on my laptop, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but unfortunately
I don't get past a certain point. I go through the initial stages i.e. clicking on the download link, getting onto the setup wizard, getting prompted with permission question, from that point on it goes onto Installing Daslight 4 ("installing component SSL files") progressing onto siudidriver setup wizard, it then goes back to the installing screen then
the installing screen just disappears. I can see a Daslight4 folder in my programs dropdown list on my start menu but it's
empty.

I've only recently bought DVC4 gold though was wanting to try get it working before going down the road of returning
it to try another lighting software supplier, bit gutted I was keen on the reviews/functionality for DVC4 gold.
TomHat

Re: Installation issues

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Have you tried installing the latest Beta version ?
Have you tried unchecking the "USB drivers" box in the install wizzard ? If this section causes issues, maybe skipping it could solve it till we fix the setup scripts.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
MACDOG44
Operating System: Windows

Re: Installation issues

Post by MACDOG44 »

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry about the delay in replying. I managed to get it installed, unknown to me was my virus software was intercepting one of the files, I turned the virus software and then reinstalled.

Many thanks

MACDOG