Scene interference and disturbance!

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

dj kRISTOf
Operating System: Mac OS X

Scene interference and disturbance!

Post by dj kRISTOf »

Hi,

I've still been busy working with dashlight 4 DVC Gold... everything is going great except a few things.

I've created a new file, patched 4 showtec phantom 50 mk 2 at mode 1 (8 channels), 2 showtec juno at mode 3 (17 channels), 8 adj mega hex par at mode 5 (11 channels), 2 adj starburst and 4 adj ultra bar 6 mode at mode 5 (18 channels). Each of them off course at different dmx adresses...
What I've noticed when the movingheads are patched in a different mode then mode 1 they always are in mode 1 when you look in the specifications in easy view 2. For instance the Showtec Juno is patched in mode 3 (17 channels) but it still is shown in mode 1 in eayview, I added a picture so you can see what I mean.

Once everything is patched I created some groups and made some scenes. I also added some pictures of what I've created.

Because I've made some files in the past I imported the scenes from the mega hex par, starburst and ultra hex bar from older creations... But the dmx adresses always stay the same so I don't have to changes this every time manually at the fixtures. That's also the reason why there is any space between the patched fixtures, The unused dmx adresses did belong to older fixtures witch are no longer in use. Maybe on a quiet day al rearrange everything...

The scenes from the pantom 50 mk2 and Juno are completely new made.

I use the BPM tap, to adjust te par and bar fixtures to move to the beat! It works really great!

So far so good...

Once we are going live the problems start... When I select a scene from a fixture there's no problem, they do exactly like they are programmed. But when I select a scene from the mega hex par or ultra hex bar while the phantom 50 and/or the juno are also playing the phantom 50 and the juno start freaking out. They place the fixtures in a randomly fixed position and they will stay in that position until I reselect a scene from them. When I select a scene from the Juno the same thing is happening to the phantom 50. This happens only in one direction, when I select a scene from the phantom 50 al the other fixtures keep doing it like they should. Is there any possibility I can send you a video of this?

I have no idea what the cause of this problem can be

Like you recommended earlier I use the latest version of the software.

An other smaller problem is when I use the iPad to control my light show some buttons stay highlighted after you select another scene, it's a little bit annoying because after a while you don't know which is the one that is playing.

Kind regards

Kristof De Locht

Schermafbeelding 2019-06-11 om 10.10.01 kopie.jpg
Schermafbeelding 2019-06-11 om 10.10.01 kopie.jpg (192.89 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
Schermafbeelding 2019-06-11 om 10.08.25 kopie.jpg
Schermafbeelding 2019-06-11 om 10.08.25 kopie.jpg (182.13 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
Schermafbeelding 2019-06-11 om 10.48.25.png
Schermafbeelding 2019-06-11 om 10.48.25.png (190.12 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
P-Low

Re: Scene interference and disturbance!

Post by P-Low »

Hello

Regarding the iPad control, i assume you are using Easy Remote with the software. If this is the case then yes the button press and highlight is a bug we are aware off and fixing in a future update.

Regarding the behaviour problem in your scenes, it could be that it is due to the import, and the fixtures have slightly changed. Are the addresses exactly the same, and are the channels functions exactly the same etc?

Regarding easy View 2, When you patch Mode 1 in Daslight, and Mode 3 is selected in Easy View 2, does Mode 1 and Mode 3 share the same channel numbers?

Regarding sending files, you can use WeTransfer to send a video and also include your showfile for me to look at. You can send this in a ticket on our online support system, or to [email protected]. (We do not promote the email as much due to the fact that not every one can see the information if someone is off sick etc.)

Kind Regards
Daslight Technical Support