DVZ4 GZM FLICKER

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Pustervik
Operating System: Windows

DVZ4 GZM FLICKER

Post by Pustervik »

Hi,
I just upgraded to a DVC4 GZM from a Gold to get a third DMX universe via a split cable.

Everything works except I suddenly got a flicker in the system. A couple of fixtures looses contact for a seconds or two, the the cue starts again.

It's nut the Y cable. Same thing happens when I just plug in 1 universe without the Y cable.

And the problem goes away when I go back to my DVC4 Gold.

GZM serial: 125949

all best
Pustervik
Operating System: Windows

Re: DVZ4 GZM FLICKER

Post by Pustervik »

Any chance of getting any support here?
P-Low

Re: DVZ4 GZM FLICKER

Post by P-Low »

Hello

Usually with flickering lights, if the flicker is not visible within the software, it is usually a hardware issue.

Initial things to check is if the end of the DMX line is properly terminated to prevent signal reflections, and also that the common wire is seated properly in drivers/fixtures.

It could also be possible that there is an issue with the DMX interface. Could you try using universe 2 with the 2nd XLR port and see if the problem is still the same? You will need to adjust your showfile accordingly to run in universe 2 in the software.

If the problem persists, please report back and we will endeavour to assist you further.

Please note, for the most urgent matters, our technical support ticket system yields faster response times.You can raise a ticket here:https://store.daslight.com/signin . If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one.

Kind Regards
Daslight Technical Support