Custom Moving Head Issue

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

13lrattray
Operating System: Windows

Custom Moving Head Issue

Post by 13lrattray »

Hi there,

I am in the process of creating new .ssl2 files for my RGB pars and Moving Heads. The RGB pars work completely fine but I am having some issues with creating the moving heads. I added 3 RGB channels and these show up properly in Daslight 4 as normal, and the toolbar colours above the sliders change as normal. However, the fixture in the display is only displaying as red in all modes (e.g. edit, live, show). It seems only the R channel is registering and the others are not. Unfortunately, I am not able to test this out with the actual lights right now (I recently got Daslight [4] and I am setting up the .ssl2 files at home to save time) but this seems quite odd. There is a channel on the moving heads which switches between set colours (red, green blue etc.) and these work as normal - but only when the RGB sliders which did not work before are up. Are these two conflicting or this a different issue?

Many thanks,

13lrattray
TomHat

Re: Custom Moving Head Issue

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Could you please send me your SSL file ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
13lrattray

Post by 13lrattray »

Hi,

I can't seem to upload the .ssl2 file here - it's an "invalid extension". Is there an external site you wish me to send it to?

Thanks,

13lrattray
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

You can just save your file into a .zip or .rar archive and upload it on the forum (it works with these files).
Otherwise you can send me the file directly via email : [email protected] .

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
13lrattray

Post by 13lrattray »

Hi,

I managed to fix it, but thanks for the help! The issue was that the moving head has a bit of a colour wheel on one channel which has a few predefined colours in, but it doesn't activate/turn on unless you change the slider to 1 or higher. In the .ssl2 file I had accidentally set the colour wheel to activate on red (the first preset) from 0 and so it was always on. To fix it, I just changed it to an undefined channel with the correct name, because now that I'm able to use the colour wheel to set colours easily, I most likely won't need to use that channel often with Daslight.

Again, thanks for the help!

13lrattray