Fehlerhafte Fixtures

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Merlin131268
Operating System: Mac OS X

Fehlerhafte Fixtures

Post by Merlin131268 »

Hallo,
Ich verzweifel noch und hoffe auf Eure Hilfe...

Ich nutze daslight4 ganz neu. (vorher sweetlight) und in der scanlibrary habe ich zum einen zig Geräte (Zum Beispiel varytec LED xs wash.), die es doppelt und dreifach gibt, aber keins zu den Manuals der Dmx Kanäle der Geräte passt...

Und selbst wenn, man etwas gefunden hat (Adj par led cwww), dann passt es zwar zu den Manuals, aber die library meldet zig Fehler...

Muss ich wirklich jeden einzelnen Kanal kontrollieren, oder wie kann ich das vereinfachen.?

Dankeschön und ich bitte um Nachsicht, sollte dieses Thema schon öfter gepostet worden sein.. Eine Lösung habe ich noch nicht gefunden.

Grüße
Merlin
TomHat

Re: Fehlerhafte Fixtures

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Sorry I can't speak german, so I'm going to try and answer your questions in english.

Muss ich wirklich jeden einzelnen Kanal kontrollieren, oder wie kann ich das vereinfachen ?

Depending on what you want to achieve with your fixtures, you might not need the corresponding SSL files for a start. Make sure you set your fixtures to the right DMX address and play with General Tab faders to change DMX values for the right channels. This will allow you to test your fixtures with our software.
But this can only be a temporary solution until you get working SSL files for your fixtures.

In order to get the correct SSL files (fixture profile files), you have 2 options :
- order from our website : https://store.daslight.com/ssl
- build them yourself using ScanLibrary Editor

ScanLibrary Editor software does take some getting used to, but once you master it, you can build pretty much any SSL file for DMX run fixtures you might acquire.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Merlin131268
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Merlin131268 »

Hello TomHat,

thanks for your reply. I will try to translate my problem again and try to answer ...

In the installed Library from the newest DasLight4 Version (22.Dec2017) i found more than one SSL File for Varytec Easy Move XS HP Wash 7x8W RGBW. They have different names and so i tried them all. First i selected one file (13 Channel) and set it onto the correct DMX-Address, but it doesn't made what it should made like in the manual of the varytec. So i took next fixture. Same problem.

I checked the ssl-files with the scan library editor and all files were different edited and all of them showed me some different errors.
So my first question was: Must i really check all SSL-Files if they are correct for working with the fixture ?

So i ordered and downloaded the Version from your website and tried it. But it also doesn't work correct. But it was an easy failure, because the degrees of Pan and Tilt in the main parameters wasn't correct. I corrected with SL-Editor and saved it, with a new name to see that it isn't the original file.
But after saving it, it showed me, that "icon couldn't found" in the error list and they aren't shown it with the faders. But why ?
I saw in the Forum that someone had the same problem in the last version in 2016 and your colleagues said in 2016 it was a bug. Isn't it debugged now in the newest version when you rename a file ?

thank you for your help.

best regards
Merlin
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Must i really check all SSL-Files if they are correct for working with the fixture ?

Obviously you shouldn't have to do this. The correct file for you is the SSL2 version (compatible Daslight4). Sorry you had to fix the angle problem yourself. I'll advise our team to be more carefull with this detail in the future.

after saving it, it showed me, that "icon couldn't found" in the error list and they aren't shown it with the faders. But why ?

Could you please send me the corrected SSL file + showfile so I can try and reproduce the problem myself ?

Isn't it debugged now in the newest version when you rename a file ?

This might be caused by something else, I should be able to give you more details once I have checked the files.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500