Video Screen

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

the_mike

Video Screen

Post by the_mike »

Hi!

I set up a Video Screen on my stage. It works fine as far as no lights are turned on. If i do so the 3d Sim crashes and i have to restart.
I tried Avi and MPEG formats and also shorter video clips without success.
Any idea what's the problem?? :(
Andre

Post by Andre »

Sorry I am not quite sure what you mean.
Are you trying to control the video from within DVC2 ?

It could be that with the projector running, DVC2 running and the visualiser running you have run out of graphics memory.

Do you really need to run your projection while you are practising you lights with the visualiser ?
Andre
the_mike

Post by the_mike »

Andre wrote:Sorry I am not quite sure what you mean.
Are you trying to control the video from within DVC2 ?

It could be that with the projector running, DVC2 running and the visualiser running you have run out of graphics memory.

Do you really need to run your projection while you are practising you lights with the visualiser ?

Well, the DVC2 is not really involved. I just picked the Flat Display in the visualiser and instead of layering a texture on it, I layerd a videoclip.
Now when you mention graphics memory.... hm possible. Would there be a solution?

I'm not really practising my lights. Don't even have them. I try to render a videoclip for my music productions. So to say just for fun. But it looks cool as hell :)
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Keep the video under 2-3 minutes long, it should be just for demonstration purposes and shouldnt be necessary when programming your lighting.

There are so many types of AVI and MPEG file. Try encoding in different AVI or MPEG formats. I use Adobe media encoder, you should eventually find one which works well. Make sure you have atleast 2GB ram.