Create new scene automatically while in the middle of a show

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Create new scene automatically while in the middle of a show

Post by Richard CSL »

I am still getting automatic scenes being generated whilst in the middle of my show.

I have identified that they are generated in either the first or the last group of scenes.

and when it happens the machine locks breifly. this has also made me click on the wrong scene button once as all the scene buttons move position when the new scene is generated.

Last night in part one of the show it generated 5 new scenes.
seriously annoying. I have a bmp of the screen print but dont know how to put it in my post.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Nero

Post by Nero »

You're not the only one with this problem.

Like these guys http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=349 or these http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=319 ..

And i have that problem, too. And this is really bad if in the middle of the show all moving heads stop moving...

The VC2 software version Jan 2009 are better for my failure.
Only the active device goes from auto to lpt.
I have generate a "Dummy" device an make
this device active. The live mode work now fine with all devices.
Only the active dummy device change sometimes to ltp
(there is not a device installed that used the "Dummy" adresses).
So i can Live with the failure.

Could anyone explain this solution for me? My english is not the best and i don't really understand what he did.

Thanks.
Andre

Post by Andre »

What he has done is add a fixture that he does not really use.
I think what he means by active device is that he has selected that fixture tab when he is running the show from the "live" page, so if anything happens like the fixture going to ltp instead of staying on auto then it does not matter because it is using a "dummy" fixture, i.e. one that is patched but never actually has a real fixture attached to it.

As I have said before I have never had any of the problems the people have reported having in these messages. I never get a fixture going to ltp on it's own, I never get these self generated scenes.
Andre