Fade Between Scenes

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

rdomke

Fade Between Scenes

Post by rdomke »

I am having trouble when I am switching between scenes. I would like to have the lights that turn off fade down instead of an instant off like they are doing. For example I have 3 lights (L1, L2, L3) for the first scene (L1 = 100%) (L2 = 50%) and (L3 = 50%) now the second scene is (L1, L2, and L3 = 75%).

Now what happens when I switch is that all three of the lights drop back down to zero and fade back up to 75% instead of just L1 fading down to 75% and L2, L3, fading up to 75%.

I have tried setting different fade settings but none seem to get the effect I want. If I could find way to be able to control the steps manually I could set it up that way to.

If this is confuseing I may be able to reword it in another fassion. Thanks Ahead of time.
-Ross//Domke-
rdomke

Post by rdomke »

Also on another note I have these two scenes in a group together and for the release they are set to release the group.
-Ross//Domke-
rdomke

Post by rdomke »

I fixed my own problem, I had to change the sliders that went to 0 to 1 that way they would fade down. 1 on the dmx level is so low you cant even tell that they are just barely on.

The effect of just some of the lights turning off instantly made it seem as though all of them were turning off and then fading back on but it was just the lights that went to 0 did so immediately.
-Ross//Domke-
Andre

Post by Andre »

Yep, that is correct, glad you worked it out.
This is what you have to do for fade changes/chases especially on LEDs in the same scene as zero means no change from previous step. This is what they call tracking.
So if you had a light at 100% in 1 step and then zero at the next step it would not change anything as the value is tracked through but when you start a new scene that is going to fade up, it knows that zero in this instance is different and should be applied, which is why your light dropped straight to zero and then faded up.
Andre
rdomke

Post by rdomke »

thank you for the explaination it makes sense why it does that now.
-Ross//Domke-
Ch4580
Operating System: Windows

Re: Fade Between Scenes

Post by Ch4580 »

Hey, found this thread, but I'm having trouble,
When I go from one scene to the next, and on both scenes, for example. DMX ch001 is at 100%, it still drops to zero first...

I just want those faders to stay up, the ones that need to drop just fade/raise to their new position