upgraded software, DVC2 Gold doesn't work

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

rdomke

upgraded software, DVC2 Gold doesn't work

Post by rdomke »

I upgraded the software from the 1989-2007 version to the 1978-2009 version. It has just a few features that the other one didn't. But now the software only starts in demo mode and will not recognize the box. I have both versions installed at the same time and the older version still recognizes the box but the new version does not.

Do I need to uninstall the DVC2 Gold in the device manager and upgrade the drivers with newer ones?

Thanks.
-Ross//Domke-
Andre

Re: upgraded software, DVC2 Gold doesn't work

Post by Andre »

rdomke wrote:I upgraded the software from the 1989-2007 version to the 1978-2009 version. It has just a few features that the other one didn't. But now the software only starts in demo mode and will not recognize the box. I have both versions installed at the same time and the older version still recognizes the box but the new version does not.

Do I need to uninstall the DVC2 Gold in the device manager and upgrade the drivers with newer ones?

Thanks.

Is this the new 08/2009 beta download or the 04/2009 standard download ?

Yes I would always install new drivers if they exist as long as they are applicable to the interface I am using. I did, but it also wanted to install the drivers when I installed the program as well.
Andre
rdomke

Post by rdomke »

it is the standard 09 install. I havn't tried updating the drivers yet I have been busy Creating Presests for intimidator 250 lights but as soon as I try it I will post my results.
-Ross//Domke-
rdomke

Post by rdomke »

ok updating the drivers worked. It recognized my device and updated the firmware automaticaly. Thank you for your help.
-Ross//Domke-
Ryger1

Post by Ryger1 »

Older software uses OLD drivers only. It will not work with latest new drivers.

NEW software ONLY uses new drivers. It will not work with the older drivers.
DMX Made Easy