Problem: LightmaXX LED RGB Color Bar Stripe

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Flow-Ree-Dee
Operating System: Windows

Problem: LightmaXX LED RGB Color Bar Stripe

Post by Flow-Ree-Dee »

Hello.

I have a Problem with the DMX-Adress of my three LightmaXX LED RGB Color Bar Stripes https://www.musicstore.de/INTERSHOP/web/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/de_DE/-/EUR/ViewProductAttachment-ResolveManualURL?File=DE_LIG0004084-000.pdf

The first LED Bar has DMX Adress 1 (and 10 for DMX Mode). The 2nd one has DMX Adress 13 (Dip 1,3,4,10).
But I have the Problem, that this doesn't work. In this case, my two LED Bars do the same Thing, when I Change the fader.
So what is the Problem?

Edit: I used the DMX Adress 16 for the 2nd one (Dip 5). But the result is the same.

Thank you in advance
PolDavril

Re: Problem: LightmaXX LED RGB Color Bar Stripe

Post by PolDavril »

Hello,

- In the "led rgb color bar strip" tab, do you have 1 or more fixtures selected (with white borders) ?
If you need to control each fixture separately, select them one by one (you can create groups also).
All fixtures of the same kind are always selected by default.

- You can control them from the "General" tab also, faders 1 to 12 for the first, 13 to 24 for the second, etc.

- The first fixture should have the dips 1 + 10 (for DMX address 1). Otherwise it may work in master/slave mode. Please check.

Hope this helps.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
Flow-Ree-Dee

Post by Flow-Ree-Dee »

Thank you for your help.

Now It works in the General-Tab. If I Change something in the LED Bar-Tab, then the changes will be for all 3 LED Bars. Is this correct or is there a way to do Control all of them seperatly?

In the General Tab I have the Problem, that I can not Control the 3 Areas of 1 Bar. Only the color of the whole Bar can be changed. So what can I do in this case?

Thank you for your help in advance.
PolDavril

Post by PolDavril »

Hello,

1)
Is this correct or is there a way to do Control all of them seperatly?

You have to select which fixture(s) you want to control. If you have 3 bars, you should have 3 squares with different index numbers. Just select the fixture(s) you want to control with the "led bar" tab.
Selected fixtures have a white border.

2)
Only the color of the whole Bar can be changed.

I don't know your fixtures but, according to the user manual, the first channel of each fixture must be set to a value between 1 and 15 in order to control the 3 parts individually with the other faders.
If the DMX value of channel 1 is set between 16 and 31, all 3 parts will be controlled together (same colour).
Other values for channel 1 are used to force a fixed colour (as explained in the chart of the manual).

Hope this helps.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
Flow-Ree-Dee

Post by Flow-Ree-Dee »

Thank you again for your Support.

I used a fixture between 1-15 and now it works to Control 3 parts of one Bar.
But only the 3 Faders for the first Part of the Bar Show me the right Color. The other Faders Change the Bar Color, but Daslight didn't Show me the right Color (the Color stays on red).

Edit: OK, with the squares it works! But there is still the Problem, with the Color of the Faders in Daslight for the 2nd and the 3rd Part of one Bar. This Colors do not Change if I use the Fader.

brimborium

Post by brimborium »

Hi

I read your posts and found a mystery.
Your patched fixture shows only one beam - should be three beams (you discribed three parts).
So I had a look on the fixture in the fixture editor - it was build with three beams.
I wonder why it doesn´t work properly - I didn´t found the reason.
I searched for an other fixture and found a file which is working well (see the picture below)
Fixture name is Lightmaxx "LED RGB COLOR BAR HIGH POWER.ssl).
Patch this fixture (it seems to be a compatible fixture) hope it will work with your hardware.
Thomas
Attachments
LED RGB COLOR BAR HIGH POWER.ssl2.zip
(8.98 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
LED_Bar.jpg
LED_Bar.jpg (204.9 KiB) Viewed 9891 times
Flow-Ree-Dee

Post by Flow-Ree-Dee »

Wow, Thank You so much. That helps!
No Problems now :D