FX generator - LAmp on

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

flash

FX generator - LAmp on

Post by flash »

I have a problem when using the fx generator.

I select my scanners (the winnerII), then go to fx generator, when i click on the "lamp on" icon nothing happens.

When I manually turn the lamp on and then go to fx menu and generate a circle, all works fine.
But this is not a good way i suppose, because then the shutter channel is also programmed in the movement scene.

So where can i change the "lamp on" function for a winner scan?
I also checked the library file fot the winnerII but can't find anything to define the "lamp on" function.
________
War Risk Insurance (Aviation) Advice
Last edited by flash on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre

Post by Andre »

If it is a JB Systems Winner II Scanner (or other badged brand) then that fixture does not have a "Lamp On" function.

What the effects generator means by "Light beam ON" is to open the shutter and uses the shutter definition on the relavant channel as defined by the scanlibrary fixture profile.

Personally I have turned off the "Light beam ON" in the "Options" menu, because I want control as and when it's on, not the system trying to second guess that i always want the shutter opn, and I never use the "Light beam ON" in the FX Geneartor (only for testing purposes).
I have made scenes to open/close the shutter (one for every fixture). So I can pre-set positions, colour, gobo etc before I open the shutter.

Hope that helps,
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

The Scene generator use the DEFAULT preset levels set with the scanlibrary software on each chanels. It is possible that some channel do not have the good DEFALT PRESET. You need to correct the SSL file or correct your steps manually after generated it. You can correct the steps with the SELECT ALL function and choose the dmx values to the selected steps.