How to create a profile with two fixed channels?

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

spinyfur
Operating System: Windows

How to create a profile with two fixed channels?

Post by spinyfur »

I'm trying to create a profile for a cheap RGB spotlight that I have, but I'm running into a roadblock on it. When I'm creating a profile, how do I set it so that two of it's channels are always set to a specific value?

With the peculiar DMX programming they put in this decide, three of the channels control brightness of the three colors, however they also included two other channels which control random effects. Those might be useful if I was controlling it manually, but I think I'm better off controlling things like flashing, dimming, and sound-control from within DasLight, so I'd rather just lock those channels to always be at a particular value, which I think is 255.

Thanks
TomHat

Re: How to create a profile with two fixed channels?

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Have you tried creating only one preset to the channel, giving it a very short range (like 254-255), a default value of 255 and setting this preset as default channel preset ?
That way anytime this channel will be activated, it should pop to the correct value.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
spinyfur
Operating System: Windows

Re: How to create a profile with two fixed channels?

Post by spinyfur »

How do I do that? I can create an "undefined" channel and then set it's maximum range, but I can't set a minimum for it. And when I give it default value of 255, Daslight just seems to ignore it.