Manual for the Scan Library software?

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

spinyfur
Operating System: Windows

Manual for the Scan Library software?

Post by spinyfur »

Is there a manual for the Scan Library software? When I click on the "online manual" command, it sends me to a website with advertisements for other products you would like to sell me, but doesn't seem to have a copy of the manual for the software that I already own: https://www.dmxsoft.com/online_manuals/ ... TE-dfP.htm

Please let me know if I'm just missing a link to that manual that's buried on that webpage somewhere. There's a lot of stuff on it, so it's quite possible that I just wasn't able to find it.

Thanks!

PS: With the next version of the software, please consider just including the manual to begin with. It's very frustrating when you do things like this.
Benno

Re: Manual for the Scan Library software?

Post by Benno »

We will release the user manual when the New version of the 3D visualizer is official released as some of the features are subject to change. In the meantime if you have any specific question feel free to PM us or use the contact us form on the website.
Benno
--
Product Support
spinyfur

Post by spinyfur »

OK. When is that new version scheduled to be released?
Benno

Post by Benno »

Unfortunately no set official release date yet.As soon as we have more information we will let you know here on the forum. Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
spinyfur

Post by spinyfur »

Back in October of 2016, you wrote that you've decided not to write a manual for the Scan Library software until you finish writing a new version of the software, and further that there isn't a schedule for when you'll produce either the updated software or the manual for the version you released in 2008.

Has that situation changed, or is there still no manual and no plan for when you will create one?
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi spinyfur,

We currently don't have any plans to release a user manual for the current Scan Library editor. We do however offer a free service if you need a fixture profile created by one of our team. store.daslight.com/ssl

Alternatively you can use the Scan Library editor manual 2008 (link below) as reference as a lot of the features are similar to the new one. www.nicolaudie.com/manuals/#/en/scanlib ... 008-editor
Benno
--
Product Support