All Fixtures loose positions

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

lucarosty

All Fixtures loose positions

Post by lucarosty »

When a new fixture is patched in DVC4 the easy view loose the position for all fixture
TomHat

Re: All Fixtures loose positions

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Are you using the latest version available on our website ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
lucarosty

Post by lucarosty »

Yes, I've downloaded the last version some day before post the issue.
I've installed the version of 13 Gen 2020 (Downloaded the 2nd March 2021)
beathousepro
Operating System: Windows

Post by beathousepro »

I have the same problem using version from June 18, 2021. Any time a new light is detected and added to the "patch" on Easy View 2, all lights are repositioned into a straight line. Very frustrating. Lots of lost work.
LeRoy Taylor

Post by LeRoy Taylor »

I think I got it. It’s more work until they fix the bugs but at least you can use the EZ Viewer.
This is what works for me I have the newest dvc gold 2022 using Windows 10/ 64 bit duel monitors for building shows and using a laptop with Win 10 at the show with the AKAI APC mini.
I save each show in its own folder both files with the same name. Open up your project. At the folder you have the show saved in. open up EZ Viewer file thru Daslight in tools. More in likely it will be incorrect. Go to your EZ View window File/ Open - (do Not Save) follow that window to the folder to the show you are working on select the EV2 file. Now it should the correct stage but the newest fixtures added are not there. Now to add the fixtures in EZ Viewer. When you add fixtures make sure as you add them they are set for the same dmx address as when added in Daslight. Check them by turning the light on and off. Then I do SAVE AS in new folder of both of the Daslight and EZ Viewer files I do a save as just so I have a backup just in case a crash. You never know. Then arrange your fixtures. I do several save as in different folders as I arrange them so if needed I can still go back. Works in all versions of Daslight for me.
Meliorag

Post by Meliorag »

Yes, you may drag a fixture to any channel once you've dropped it onto the patch panel by clicking on it and dragging it. color tunnel