Modified fixture colors, now V3DS not displaying beam color

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

vclighting

Modified fixture colors, now V3DS not displaying beam color

Post by vclighting »

I have a few Martin 218MkIIs and the fixture library color indexes are incorrect. After correcting the fixture config, Virtual 3D does not display any colors anymore - just white beams. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Andre

Post by Andre »

If you can upload your fixture file somewhere for me to download and also a list of colours you want them to be I will take a look for you.
Andre
vclighting

Thanks Andre

Post by vclighting »

I gotta find somewhere to post it - I will let you know when. Is it something that should normally be able to be done - I am strong technically, just new to Daslight.
Andre

Post by Andre »

You can always send it to my MSNm account :)
Andre
Rockabilly89

Post by Rockabilly89 »

hello
i have the same problem
everytime i chose a fixture from the libary my 3d simulator shows only white fixtures and i can't change the color of the fixtures.

that is not an big problem but its looks not so nice.

I hope somebody has an solution for my problem

thx for help
Vicstr
Operating System: Windows

Re: Modified fixture colors, now V3DS not displaying beam color

Post by Vicstr »

I don't get colors working either in Easy View 2: using American Dj 5P Hex

Easy View in dvc3 displays the colors correctly for that one.

During time of development this new Easy View 2 it would be very helpful if being able to use dvc3's Easy View while waiting for getting the bugs fixe and the Easy View 2 being more stable. Using ADJ 5p hex, ADJ flat par tw5 and stairville mh-x20, and I get black beam for all of them in 3d view, which means I cannot see anything in the 3d view since all beams becomes black.

Created same thing in dvc3 easy view and everyting working, except for adj 5p hex displayed as moving head fixture when it is slim par led
Benno

Re: Modified fixture colors, now V3DS not displaying beam color

Post by Benno »

Hi Vicstr, Unfortunately it's not possible to use the old 3D Viewer. I'm not sure what you mean regarding the 'black beams', would it be possible for you to make a screen grab video so I can understand more?

I have managed to get the beams showing in the latest Daslight 4 / 3D viewer as per your other post.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2592&p=9595#p9595
Benno
--
Product Support