Stage design in Daslight 4?

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jfetter

Stage design in Daslight 4?

Post by jfetter »

I've been using Daslight for fun for years, starting with DVC 1 and now Daslight 4 but I am having a real tough time with the new version! Specifically stage layout and design, it's either me or this now is the most tedious thing possible. It was tough in previous versions but at least you could copy truss and other staging objects to quickly assemble a stage layout but there is no copy or paste in Daslight 4 (or is it me?). Am I missing something?

Jack
Benno

Re: Stage design in Daslight 4?

Post by Benno »

Hi Jack, thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear you're having problems with the current version of the software. I can tell you that the developers are currently working on a new and improved version of the 3D Simulator which will be available in future Beta later this year. Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
jfetter

Post by jfetter »

Benno,

I appreciate the reply but isn't this a step backwards? I mean the old 3D simulator had copy and paste (mandatory!) and seemed to have more features than the new one, seem like we're going backwards? I'm all for new versions but so many times I check back here and see "it's being worked on for a future version" and I wonder if requirements were ever listed before a new version is ever released? Not trying to be too negative but this software has so much promise but keeps taking 2 steps forward and 1 - 1/2 backwards...

Jack
nick

Post by nick »

Hi Jack,

I am currently testing the new version of the 3D visualiser and I am confident you will be happy when it arrives. It's a big step forward. Our focus is on improving the performance, which has taken huge steps forward in the number of lights that can be rendered smoothly. Our initial release, in a couple of months time, will address this issue. After this we will focus on adding many of the features that were useful in Easy View 1.

I have added 'Copy and paste' to our list of future ideas as I think this would be very helpful.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
---------------------
Daslight Support
jfetter

Post by jfetter »

Thanks for the reply Nick, I'll wait for the final version. You guys do listen, that's a huge positive over so many companies that never even bother to engage...

Jack