Daslight Will Not Run Unless User Is Administrator

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

TenBaz

Daslight Will Not Run Unless User Is Administrator

Post by TenBaz »

Done a search of the forum for 'Administrator', but only one post was found - and it doesn't cover my problem.

Essentially, I installed Daslight 2 using my own Windows XP user account (which has full administrator privileges), and program/Das USB drivers installed fine.

But, when I double-click on the icon to run it, absolutely nothing happens (apart from the hourglass mouse cursor flashing on and off for a fraction of a second).

Purely by chance, I thought of trying to run it by right-clicking on the desktop icon, using Run As... and running it as the user Administrator. It then worked perfectly!

Is this normal?

As far as I know, my personal XP user account admin privileges are no lower than when I'm logged on as the user Administrator, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I uninstalled it and re-installed it (thinking I might have missed some 'install for all users option), but there isn't. I even left the tick in the 'run program after installation' box but it did the same thing - nothing!

I know I can do the 'right-click' thing, or but it's annoying, and shouldn't really be necessary.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance...

TenBaz
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Right click, go to properties and select run as administrator, then the software will always run as administrator.

You shouldn't normally have to do this, it sounds like there is a problem with your user settings.
TenBaz

Post by TenBaz »

Thanks for the reply.

Right click, go to properties and select run as administrator, then the software will always run as administrator.

Unfortunately you can't - that's why I posted.

You can right-click the exe or a shortcut and use Run As... from the menu, then enter the admin password, (which gets tedious), but there's nowhere to set it as default if you right-click and go to Properties. (I'm using XP Pro SP3).

You shouldn't normally have to do this

That's what I really wanted to know. I can now concentrate on fixing my Windows XP rather than Daslight! :)

Thanks...

TenBaz