Arrangement of LED PARs and generated effects

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nibblerrick

Arrangement of LED PARs and generated effects

Post by nibblerrick »

Hi!

As I haven't found an answer in the forum I try to ask the question...
In one setup I have 3 LED PARs of manufacturer A and 2 of manufacturer B.
A - 4 DMX channels, B - 7 channels. In real world they are standing:
B A A A B
In the DMX universe I have also the channels in the order B A A A B.
When I try a generated effect with all 5 LED PARs (e.g. knight rider) it always generated it so that the PARs have to be arranges B B A A A.
Is there anything I can do, so that the effect is generated correctly?
As I'm relatively new to the software I don't know if i missed something or it is a limitation of the software.
I hope I explained it understandable...
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I'm pretty sure that defining a fixture order is not possible in DVC2. Richard will correct me if I'm wrong. I think we need to add this to DVC3 which should be available this Autumn.
nibblerrick

Post by nibblerrick »

Okay, so I'll arrange the PARs in the real world, isn't a problem at the moment and when in the future there will be a chance to do it in software I'll be glad.
Thanks for the answer, so I don't have to search hours for a feature that doesn't exist :-)
I just hope that there will be a beta of DVC3 in late summer so I can test a bit new features...
Andre

Post by Andre »

Another thing you can try is ...
If you only use the RGB portion of the fixtures and non of the other channels/functions then you can patch them all as 3 channel RGB fixtures, just make sure you put them in the right starting address, so for example if you 7 channel RGB fixture uses the 3, 4 & 5 channels as the RGB channels then you would patch the 3 channel RGB fixture starting at address 3, your 4 channel fixtures if they use channels 2, 3 & 4 as the RGB channels would then be patched at addresses 9, 13, 17 and your last 7 channel fixture the RGB channels would be at address 22, see image below...

Your following fixtures would/could be patched at 27 or greater.

This will allow them to used in the order they are addressed at.

I hope that is understand able and helps

André
Last edited by Andre on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre
nibblerrick

Post by nibblerrick »

I thought about that, but haven't tried - till today.
As expected it works :-)
Also nice workaround, thank you!