Fades not working

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

performance stage

Fades not working

Post by performance stage »

Seems like when I upgraded my software to the latest release (with the new fixture library/editor), for some reason now on the last show I absolutely could not get the fades, crossfade, etc times to do ANYTHING.

Is there a master control that turns on/off the ability to use fade in/out/cross?

Thanks,

Mike
Nothing is visible without Light
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

in the editor screen there is a tick box at the beginning of each scene line, make sure this is ticked or fades will not happen.

also on the live screen there is an icon at the top of the page with a red and a blue X this also turns fades on and off.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Bootjam

Post by Bootjam »

Fading up is working fine.
But fadeing down doesn't work. All Cahnnels with Value 0 are not fading to 0, just switch

Any Idea to fix it?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

try re-importing the DVC2 show into the latest version of DVC3. If this still doesn't work, mail me your show
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

to fade a scene out in the editor screen you need to set the scene fade out in the editor box top ribbon, right click and tick scene fade out.

However this will now fade all chanels to zero over a specified time.

If you want to fade shutters / dimmers only I suggest you create a new scene in your with all shutters set to 1, this will now force all chanels to dmx level 1, now create a next scene with group release. So within your group at the end the first new scene will fade all shutters to a level of 1. this then next autos to the next scene with the same level 1 scene in it , or the lights will flash back to a previous level. this final scene is auto release and group release.
Now you have the perfect fade out.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

one other option is to disable fading on the channels you don't want to fade in the setup tab, but this will be applied to the whole show
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

then positions of mirrors or moving heads would be snap to.
non fade surely only applies to colour and gobo wheels, or have I missed the point??
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

you don't have to disable fading on the whole fixture, you can disable fading on a particular channel of a fixture by deselecting the fade checkbox
jacob374

Post by jacob374 »

But fadeing down doesn't work. All Cahnnels with Value 0 are not fading to 0, just switch

Last edited by jacob374 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

this is because 0 is interpreted as 'OFF' in DVC2. In DVC3, there is a separate mode for 'OFF'
sarahjoe

Post by sarahjoe »

Can faders be reassigned. I have a couple of 7 channel washes and I was only able to find one profile that comes close. My wash faders are backwards compared to the profile that I was able to locate.
Thanks
Our excellent online 70-411 exam training programs will lead you to success