Lights not Blacking out

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

dj2l8

Lights not Blacking out

Post by dj2l8 »

Hi there..
I have been using DVC2 for awhile now and the last time I used it with my Kam LED light bars was 2 weeks ago. Now today when I turn my lights on and load of DV2 I noticed that when I want to black the lights out they start going funny with random splashes of Lights and color blocks coming on from each 3 lights with Nothing is in sync. Then when I load up DVC2 and add a light effect light for example I give the command for a Blue color by moving the fader up for some reason this random flashing of all colors keeps appearing?
I am really confused on what it could be..?I tried to check the cables but from What I can see nothings be touched and all is ok..even when I Unhook each light I still see this In each light..as long as its connected to computer this random flashing of colors appears..I say that because when I Disconnect the intereface the light work fine..so I am thinking it might be faulty?

Can anyone help me?

Regards
dj2l8

Post by dj2l8 »

Update.. I have just noticed that one of the wires is not soldered correctly. I will try fix this to see if this is the cause.
dj2l8

Post by dj2l8 »

Update: I just checked every wire and all the connectors are soldered correctly and I can't see any problems..So it leaves me asking for help from you guys..
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

OK it could be a simple connection fault, try connecting one fixture at a time, ie. bypassing each light by connecting the signal plugs into each other by each fixture one by one down the line.

If this doesn't work . try going into set up tab and setting each channel to a value of "1". this should effectively be a forced "off" command.

failing that . it is back to basics, ie do you have a hot / cold dmx wire reversed at some point. is there a fixture creating DMX causing the problem.

baby steps till you find the problem.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

are u sure that you use dmx cable for the signal or just a xlr audio cable. the dmx cable have 100-120 ohm and the audio cable is in 220 ohm. try to check what cable u use.the problem that u have can be from that reason.
try also to drive the leds with another console dmx if they work fine with another console so the problem is your interface. but first check the wires from signal to be dmx 120 ohm.

i hope i help
tony greece
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

and also if everything is fine try to put a terminal resistor (conector) to the last led bar that u have. you will need one 120 ohm resistor that needs to be soldered into place. One end of the resistor is soldered onto pin 2. The other end is soldered onto pin 3. Being a resistor it doesn't matter which end goes to which pin

good luck
tony greece :D
dj2l8

Post by dj2l8 »

I just connected a fresh new XLR wire to a brand new Light unit and I still get the same problem? could that mean its the units fault?
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

sorry that i ask again the xlr cable is what 120 ohm or 220 ohm
dj2l8

Post by dj2l8 »

Not sure mate, its just a normal XLR cable you get from stores
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

if you look at the cable its says aidio cable or dmx lighting cable
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

audio sorry not aidio
dj2l8

Post by dj2l8 »

Mic Cable mate,
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

so thats maybe the problem try to find dmx cable its more expensive but it works fine because the audio from dmx cable have other ohm to work the audio at 220 ohm so the signal finds more resistor on his way to pas and sometimes u have the problem that u have the dmx cable have less resistor and the signal pass without a problem.

but also check your led bars with other console if u have to be sure that ur interface is ok

tony greece
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

sorry for my english its not the best :D :D :D
dj2l8

Post by dj2l8 »

What I find weird is that For years I've been using the same wires but all of a sudden this happens? at first it was just the odd flash..now its very random with lots of flashes