Lights not Blacking out

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Open tools.exe and go to the DMX test tab. (make sure DVC2 is closed). Move some faders on the left, do you get a reliable signal? If not e-mail me your serial number and address and I will arrange an RMA.

By the way..any high quality audio XLR cable is fine for DMX, the only real difference is that you generally have better shielding on a DMX cable because a DMX signal is lower than an audio signal. I would suggest replacing with a DMX cable if you had a small amount of flickering from a couple of fixtures over a long distance, but with your problem, using a data cable will make absolutely no difference.
dj2l8

Post by dj2l8 »

Sorry for late reply
Right what I have found that this problem is only on my computer..after having it repaired it still has the same problem.?
I for a test hooked up the dongle to my laptop and I see no flashes of any sort.
So could it be my computer? if so what would cause it to do this?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Just a thought. go into the options menu and turn off the autosave all min function. I had this make my lights flicker occasionally.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
dj2l8

Post by dj2l8 »

Tried that mate.

No luck..

funny thing is I did a windows update the day before this went all funny and ever since then its gone weird!...could windows update do something to it?