Changes in Live Mode

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Toolbox

Changes in Live Mode

Post by Toolbox »

Hello Everybody

I am a new Daslight User. I've just tried to make my first show on the computer to get used to the software, before I use it for an event.

But now, I have a problem, that I just can't fix. I control the software with a Behringer BCF2000. In my show, there are Scanners, Movingheads and LED-Pars.

I configured the BCF, that I can control the channel Faders of each group of fixtures.

When I play a scene with the scanners in the live mode and I change some parameters with the BCF, I can control the Scanners and the scene is no more played. So far, it's ok. My problem is, I can't manage to play the scene after my manipulations. The scanners don't move anymore. In the manual it says, that I should push the reset buttons or click on "auto".
The reset buttons don't work and if I click on "auto", I can't control the fixture with midi anymore.

How can I make the scenes run like before my manipulations without deleting the midi-codes? I would be extremely glad if someone could help me!

Thank you!

(In case it matters: it's a notebook with Win7, all drivers installed for BCF and the latest daslight software)
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

once a chanel has been controlled by midi, HTP midi kicks in and the channel is now locked to the midi values.

My suggestion is only to use the BCF for shutter control ie dimming ,.

this way you can turn the MH or scanners on or off with the brightness slider and use the midi buttons to start stop scenes. or even multi start scenes.

If you dont want the midi button to toggle the scene on or off, ie just start a scene, best to use an effect button to start the scene in flash mode.

the led par cans cannot be controlled this way as they do not have a master brightness shutter, but again use the midi to control scenes this should solve your problems.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

Another suggestion. You program like normally a program or stand in your scanners/movingheads, get the program started on a endless rotate PUSH-button, enable speed and program speed at midi on the rotate function on the endless-rotate-encoders.

Greetz.