Fade on/off button in toolbar

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

marc

Fade on/off button in toolbar

Post by marc »

Hi,

Who can give me some advise about the use of the fade On/Off button in the toolbar.
Now i have created some shows with fade enabled between the scenes.
(LED pars)
When using this button in life mode i don't see a difference, the fade function goes on.
I ask this becouse now i have som shows doubled, one with and one without the fade fuction included between the scenes.
It would save some space in the live screen if i could use only 1 button and make my show 'smoother' when i enable the fade function with the button on the the toolbar. Or is this a wrong impression from me regarding the function of this button.
Who can give me an example how he uses this button.

Marc
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Marc

For this to work, you need to have set a fade time on the first step of your scenes.

You can also set a time of fade in and time of fade out for a scene. These properties are not listed in the editor table by default, you must right click the top bar and select to view the columns.
marc

Post by marc »

Hi Simon,

All the scenes in my show have the same fade time but still, i don't see a difference if i push the button.
Probably i am still doing something wrong.

Anyone a suggestion

Marc
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

1. Create a new show
2. Insert 1 generic RGB fixture
3. Create 1 new scene with 1 step 1 sec fade 1 sec hold
4. Make the RGB fixture red
5. Duplicate the scene you made and make the RGB fixture blue
6. Set the Release mode of both scenes to "General"
7. Go over to the live tab and select the first scene, then second, notice that they fade
8. Now deselect the fade button at the top, notice that they don't fade