4 moving heads showtec indigo 150 led

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

robahl

4 moving heads showtec indigo 150 led

Post by robahl »

i have 4 moving heads showtec indigo 150 led and i want to put 2 upside down and 2 to stand up how can i make them so they act the same? if the lighgt on the 2moving heads who stands upp points down how do i do too make the other 2 do the same for exampel if imake an fx effect a circle iwant it to do a circle all 4 of the? can i do that or is there some settings in the moving heads?

hope you understand me
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

You could invert the tilt (Y) channel of the fixture, but I don't know if this will work completely (it depends on the fixture). To do this:
1. select the setup tab
2. Click the small + to the left of your fixture types folder
3. Select the invert Y checkbox
robahl

Post by robahl »

great thanks will try that
Last edited by robahl on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robahl

Post by robahl »

no luck somthing els i can do or do somthing wrong hmmm :cry:
robahl

Post by robahl »

Andre

Post by Andre »

Try using the INVERT option on the real fixture.
That will sort it out for real, then you might need to tell the software to invert.
Andre
robahl

Post by robahl »

okey will try it tomorrow when i get the moving heads.
Thanks
jtolksdo

These heads are breaking my nerves

Post by jtolksdo »

Hi Robahl, not sure in which timezone you are. I'd like to have some in-person contact, because I'd like to setup the same heads.

I do have two heads installed in the middle of a room. Mine are calles "Brightlight Indigo 150 V2", but I guess they are the same.

My issue is n regard to smooth moves of the heads, because the movement of PAN and TILT is in very large steps.

I've turned on advanced functionalities to enable the micro moves on channel 2 and 4.

So
1 is PAN
2 is micro PAN
3 is tilt
4 is micro TILT

Is I setup two steps in a sceneand move very slow with the fader time between these two steps, DVC2 does not leverage function of the micro channels. The functino just works, if I'm tryin to setup an FX move with the scene generator.

Isn't there a chance doing this automatically, even with manual steps?
You can contact me directly:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/juergen.tolksdorf
Twitter: jtolksdo
MSN: [email protected]
rmorrison100

Post by rmorrison100 »

Thanks for the info.
Rascall Morrison
numerology | master number
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I have found that inverting pan and tilt in the set up does some very strange things with fixtures in the real world.

The generator will show that the heads are behaving as expected , but when you use the tool button to store the created movement, then replay , you end up with something very different that you were seeing whilst creating the movement.

I reverted back to doing the pan and tilt manually. this can be made slightly easier by using ths visualiser then using the wire beam function and then just position the beams manually.

hope this helps, and I am sure on the next release Simon will correct this problem, another descovery is that once you change a fixtures pan and tilt on the patch, if you then move the fixture within the patch the 2 original pan and tilt channels will not revert to normal. ie above the altered channel will be the value 225.

and once this happens the best solution is to create a fresh patch, the scenes stored are all ok, but the patch channels will be permanently corrupted.

probably best to set pan and tilt on the heads in the real world.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience