2 questions regarding VC2

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

MarcoMus

2 questions regarding VC2

Post by MarcoMus »

Hi,

I have two questions:
1) How can I use the BPS-Feature and what does it do? will there be an automatic-programm (liek Sound2Light)? Must I put a cable into the microphone-input of the soundcard?
2) How can I use the faders? Currently, when chaning the color of spots, it works without fader. But I also didn't want that the color go out and then the new color go on. I want that the current color fade into the new one. Is this possible?

Best, Marco
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

1) How can I use the BPS-Feature and what does it do? will there be an automatic-programm (liek Sound2Light)? Must I put a cable into the microphone-input of the soundcard?

once you have a scene button with multi steps (ie more than one step.)
in live screen mode, right click on the scene button you wish to sound activate, follow and try the various drop down options till you find the one that works best for your scene.

you will need tha audio analiser on for this to work. (icon in top row with loudspeaker symbol) if there is no graph analasys showing you will need to open your sound management program and ensure microphone input slider is on and up, you will also need a microphone of some sort attached to the computer for this to work.

2) How can I use the faders? Currently, when chaning the color of spots, it works without fader. But I also didn't want that the color go out and then the new color go on. I want that the current color fade into the new one. Is this possible?

the faders in editor mode alter the dmx chanel values, in live mode they can be used to override any programed output. so select your colour slider and raise to the desired colour, this is now locked the chanel in LTP mode and can only be released by right clicking the box below the slider which is now red.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
MarcoMus

Post by MarcoMus »

to 1:
Sound-Programm run on another computer. So I put a cable in the microphone-in at the soundcard from the mixer-out, right?

to 2:
Can't I program fade colors?
So I have a fade-option next of the time-option.

another question:
3:
When I want to make a program with the folowing scenes:
1 (go to 2, after 2 seconds)
2 (go to 3, after 2 seconds)
3 (go to 4, after 2 seconds)
4 (wo 5 times to 3 after 2 seconds and at the sixth time, it goes to 5)

What must I do there?

Best, Marco
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

MarcoMus wrote:to 1:
Sound-Programm run on another computer. So I put a cable in the microphone-in at the soundcard from the mixer-out, right?

only if the input of the DVC computer is set to line lever, yes this will work.

to 2:
Can't I program fade colors?
So I have a fade-option next of the time-option.

only with led or intells with variavble colour wheel option, in editor mode just use fade time instead of hold time on the steps.

or create scenes with fade in times select fade tich at editor line, add 2 sec in the time in box.

another question:
3:
When I want to make a program with the folowing scenes:
1 (go to 2, after 2 seconds)
2 (go to 3, after 2 seconds)
3 (go to 4, after 2 seconds)
4 (wo 5 times to 3 after 2 seconds and at the sixth time, it goes to 5)

What must I do there?

Best, Marco

you need to create individual scenes with 2 sec wait times then next auto.
the last scene nereds a loop to first scene and a repeat 5 times.

try using the jump to and the number of repeat scene function till you get what you want.
MarcoMus

Post by MarcoMus »

Hi,

I try to finish a program with fading lights, but it doesn't work, as I wish:
I made to scenes. First is a red light and second a blue. I want, that the red light stands for 25 seconds, and then change (fade) into blue in 8 seconds. Then blue for 25 seconds which change then into red in 8 seconds and so on.
But I get the result, that red is 25 seconds, then the spots going off short and there is a fading from out (no light) into blue for 8 seconds. After 25 seconds, the same. The spots go off and fade into blue for 8 seconds.

Also another question regarding groups.
I still have a lot of groups, ok. But no I want to create a new groupe (no problem) and don't let this group at the end. I want to move it up, between two other groups. But if I mark the group and want to move it (mouse cursor change, when a moving is "possible"), then the programm move only one scene of the group! How can I move complete groups?

Best, Marco
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

are these individual scenes? or steps in a scene.?

if they are individual scenes you will not achieve what you want easily.as you will need to start your secons scene with the red at full for 0.04 sec, then start the fade out of the red and the fade in of the blue.

if they are steps within a scene then this will work with first a fade into scene of 8 sec. then red at full for 25 sec, then red off and blue on,etc.

make sure you have ticked the fade box at the beginning of each editor screen line.

Moving groups is a bit tricky. this is a bug that they are working on. but at the moment the only way to do it is to create a new blank scene in each group. leave the new blank scene in the group, highlight and move all the other scenes together as a block. it is a bit tricky, but this is the only way to do it at the moment.
MarcoMus

Post by MarcoMus »

Hi,

For the wanted fading colors, I have two scenes in one group. The fade box is ticked. Where can I change/add fade in and out?

Oh well, that's tricky, I'll try it out.

Best
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

if you look at the begining of the scene line there is a square tick box , this ernables fade in / fade out times.

on the ribbon at the top of the scene section there is a ribbon if you right click in this ribbon a drop down box appears , you can now tick fade in / fade out times.
MarcoMus

Post by MarcoMus »

Hi,

ok. But there I can only set a fade time.
Must I set there two times?

Best
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

at the bottom of the drop down box fade in time / fade out time.
MarcoMus

Post by MarcoMus »

Hi,

it doesn't work. Each time, it fade in from black (out) to the color.
Can you made a screenshon of the box? That woul dbe great