Programming Wings & Daslight

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

SJ-DMX

Programming Wings & Daslight

Post by SJ-DMX »

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had found a programming wing such as Enttecs which work with Daslight, I believe there playback wing will as you can convert info into midi notes.

http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70033&show=description&name=enttecprogramwing

Or if anyone else has has found a dewcent control surface to work with Daslight.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

most people use the beringer BCF2000. due to the limited midi control, I would not recomend the enttec wing as at this moment very few midi commands work well with DVC 2.

However we are awaiting the new dvc3 (summer 2011) which we have been promised a lot more midi functionality.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
SJ-DMX

Post by SJ-DMX »

Is there any inferface out there with wheels for pan and tilt? Hate using a mouse, drives me mad!
Luminous Lights

Post by Luminous Lights »

very interesting topic, does anyone have any more info on this?
Luminous Lights

Re: Programming Wings & Daslight

Post by Luminous Lights »

SJ-DMX wrote:Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had found a programming wing such as Enttecs which work with Daslight, I believe there playback wing will as you can convert info into midi notes.

http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70033&show=description&name=enttecprogramwing

Or if anyone else has has found a dewcent control surface to work with Daslight.

General Description

ENTTEC MIDIwing software converts UDP data from up to 6 Enttec wings to standard MIDI or keyboard (ASCII) commands. Each wing button, fader and encoder can be translated into a MIDI or a keyboard command (channel, note and velocity can be customized).
With MIDIwing, the Enttec Playback, Shortcut or Program Wings can converse via MIDI or ASCII with programs and consoles of all sorts.

Features

Up to 6 ENTTEC Wings supported (Each shown as a separate tab)
Each Wing can be configured to a default MIDI channel (1 to 16)
Each MIDI channel can control up to 128 functions (0 to 127)
User configure-able MIDI output port (can be hardware or a software port)
Easy to use & configure
Remembers your last configuration
Minimizes to System Tray
Export & Import Individual/All Wing Profiles
Ability to use your own MIDI Hardware/Software that accepts MIDI
Sample Applications

Use of MIDIwing is possible with a large variety of programs and hardware desks. To date, it has been slated for use or used successfully in conjunction with:

Lighting consoles , such as
Whole Hog II (sample available, tests pending)
Martin Maxxyz (sampes pending)
Chamsys MagicQ (similar to Hog, but not yet verified)

Lighting control programs such as
Hog2PC (verified sample avail)
Chamsys MagicQ (n/a to free version, but otherwise as above)
Sunlite Suite (samples pending)
GrandMA on PC (sample pending for Program & Shortcut Wing)
media servers such as Arkaos and Hippotizer (samples pending)
musical instruments and audio mixers (samples pending)
and this list stands to expand as time goes on. Please check back this page for the latest additions.

http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_me ... escription

please note I am not in anyway affiliated with enttec.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Simon B. did tell me that they do have one of these wings in the development office, and they are looking into improving DVC3 around this device (or something similar)

I currently use a Beringer BCF2000, but only for speed control and when busking I use it for dimmer groups. I have also linked the pause button, and have used the buttons to activate groups of scenes .

the rotary encoders I use for the smoke and haze machines.

but it would be really nice to have the Entec fully functional especially with the encoders for pan and tilt, and Simon if you read this, an assignable master dimmer please.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Andre

Post by Andre »

I have all 3 of the Enttec wings, I will get the Enttec MIDIwing software and give it a go, I can't promise anything, anytime soon as extremely busy with my new job and other activities.
As DVC2 does not offer many option in the way of handling MIDI signals and what you can do with it, so I am not sure what I will be able to use on the wings and get into DVC2.
DVC3 should have more MIDI implemented but as of yet we do not know what will be implemented.

Also remember if you do try and use these wings you need to be able to faff about with network addressing of your PC/Wings and other stuff just to get them working properly. Took me at least a hour to suss it out even with their Node Management software which did not detect any of the wings at first, because my IP address was not in the address range :( and this is something I used to do as part of my work (networking that is).

André
Andre
charlio223

Post by charlio223 »

SJ-DMX wrote:Is there any inferface out there with wheels for pan and tilt? Hate using a mouse, drives me mad!

Yes, that's a lot of trouble, I've been wondering about this too