Help - Organizing scenes.. KILL Switch.. turn off all lights

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

halfeatencandy

Help - Organizing scenes.. KILL Switch.. turn off all lights

Post by halfeatencandy »

In edit mode, I have created a new Group for each fixture I own.

In live mode I have minized all of my groups so I can easily seem. (each group has 100 scenes). SO heres my question... I sometimes want to Stop ALL lights. Each group has a kill switch(or stop button) in the live mode tab.. however I have to hit the kill switch 10 times to turn off all my lights because I have 10 different groups. Is there another way to stop all lights with 1 button? the only work around I can think of is to get rid of all my groups and make a Single group with ALL of my scenes in it. ..not practical for organizing ;\ any tips?? thanks!

k
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

In DVC3 there will be new trigger options to start and stop a group. For now I can't think of a way to do this other than to create a master OFF button with a general release.
Andre

Re: Help - Organizing scenes.. KILL Switch.. turn off all li

Post by Andre »

halfeatencandy wrote:In edit mode, I have created a new Group for each fixture I own.

In live mode I have minized all of my groups so I can easily seem. (each group has 100 scenes). SO heres my question... I sometimes want to Stop ALL lights. Each group has a kill switch(or stop button) in the live mode tab.. however I have to hit the kill switch 10 times to turn off all my lights because I have 10 different groups. Is there another way to stop all lights with 1 button? the only work around I can think of is to get rid of all my groups and make a Single group with ALL of my scenes in it. ..not practical for organizing ;\ any tips?? thanks!

k

Yep, you can do it.
Create a group called "All Scenes OFF" and in that create a scene called "All Scenes OFF". The Group and Scene can be called whatever you like.
Set "General" as the "Release" and set an "Exit Mode" of "Auto Release" and "Loops" to "1".
What it does is basically turn off all running scenes and then turns its self off.

Does not release any channels that have been overidden by LTP.

Remember "Release" is your friend, in conjunction with "Exit Mode".
"General" turns off all other runnings scenes.
"Group" turns off all other running scenes in same group.
"Off" does not turn off any other running scene.
Last edited by Andre on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre
halfeatencandy

Post by halfeatencandy »

Works great. Thanks!