DVC2 Siudi 5C / Windows 10

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Sami_G
Operating System: Windows

DVC2 Siudi 5C / Windows 10

Post by Sami_G »

Hello,

My old computer crashed and it's ruined so I need to get a new one with Windows 10 / 64 bit.
I have a DVC2 Siudi 5C and now I'm wondering will I get it to work with the new Windows.
Does enyone know will DVC2 Siudi 5C work with Windows 10 / 64 bit? Does the interface need new firmware or is it enough to download latest DVC2 from internet?
Any instructions / suggestions how to proceed from anyone? :)

Note: I don't have the new computer yet, this is just pre-thinking from me so I can start working on this as soon as I have the new computer.
TomHat

Re: DVC2 Siudi 5C / Windows 10

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

SIUDI-5C devices are only compatible Windows 32 bit, unfortunately. I'm afraid you will have to either:
- use a 32 bit config (or virtual machine installed on your computer, if you have a windows install CD)
- or start an "upgrade" procedure for your interface via our website (you will be asked to send us your interface back, in exchange for a discount on the price of a new one).

Upgrade link : https://store.daslight.com/fr/upgrade

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
Sami_G
Operating System: Windows

Post by Sami_G »

If I upgrade to DVC4 will all the scenes and stuff I have already made in DVC2 work in the new DVC4?

Thank you for your help. :)
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey,

Yes, you will be able to import them into Daslight 4. There might be some strange behaviour in some shows : as Daslight 4 is able to customize more things than DVC2, and some default settings might be a bit different between the 2 softwares, but nothing big.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500