Duplicate fixture information (cloning)

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Duplicate fixture information (cloning)

Post by Richard CSL »

OK I have 10 scanners in my show, and we are to add another 4. My thoughts are to add 2 befor and 2 at the end of the row , as I already have a lot of programming attached to the 10 scanners.

My dilema is that the new heads will not have any programming and this will take a lot of time to add.

So is there a method of cloning or copying say the first scanner of my 10 and adding 2 at the front of my row. then doing the same for number 10 and adding 2 at the end.

I know in the past I have deleted fixtures from the patch, and this has left the information on the channels, I also have placed new fixtures over the top and they have annoyingly still had the info from the previous fixture.

So is it possible to copy a fixture info.?
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Andre

Post by Andre »

I am pretty sure fixture cloning cannot be done in this software.

When you import scenes, the scenes do not ask for what start universe/address to map them over, they will go where they was originally programmed, universe and channels, even if not fixtures there.
There is no scene merge either.

Maybe someone has a clever way of doing this ?!?!?
Andre
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Fixture cloning is not possible, but it's a good idea and should be added to dvc3
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Thanks Simon. Can I send you my file and let your programmers do it for me just this once??
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
E-Line

Post by E-Line »

Hell yes, I found a method cloning fixtures in DVC2!!

It`s only possible to stick to the exact order of the channels!!

So you have to do:
Maybe you have a fixture which needs ch. 1-8. and a programmed scene. Now the problem is you want to add the same fixture with the same scene and havn`t got the time to write it one more time.
So you have to saving the current scene in an new .dvc (maybe "test_a"). Now go to the "setup" page in DasLight and move the current fixture to channel 9-17. Save this configuration in a new .dvc (maybe "test_b)!! If you press the play button of the current scene it should working !only! in channel 9-17! After this short test add the new fixture (the same one) to channel 1-8.
Now import the first saved scene "test_a" and save all in "test_b"

So the imported scene "test_a" should work in channels 1-8 (Fixture 1) and the last scene "test_b" (Fixture 2) in channels 9-17.

I hope i was able to help someone who has the same problem.